• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

application question

trithemius

Hi, long time lurker here finally with something pressing (to me at least) to post about.

I've read a lot on ToS recently, and after a seemingly positive discussion with [email protected] about a couple concerns I sent in my application. That was almost a month ago, and of course, now that I have applied, I'm extremely excited to begin the path of formal ToS Initiation to augment my solo Work.

However, I haven't heard a word about setting up my interview. I've emailed three times in the last three weeks to at least verify receipt of my app (from two different email accounts in case one is going to junk) and each email has gone unanswered. I can only assume that I've said something so untoward in my application that he won't acknowledge my existence (seems unlikely), OR the Executive Director sometimes goes weeks and weeks at a time without checking the PO box or monitoring the email account (also seems unlikely for a nationally prominent organization, albeit one staffed by volunteers).

So, I hope that a Setian can possibly confirm that the ED is on an extended absence or suggest another reason for my experience? I hate to be a "problem child" but I am extremely eager to begin working with the Temple. I feel that if I were clearly an unsuitable candidate I would have received an out and out rejection already. Balanone's old FAQ says it can take six weeks to process an application but he notes you can confirm reciept of your app with the ED by a quick email, and the ED himself told me he would watch closely for my application and quickly set up an interview once it was received? I sent a money order for dues, so it's not immediately apparent whether or not the check was cashed yet.

I would not be so concerned except that the ED was so quick to answer my initial emails. Any advice would be appreciated, feel free to PM me if more appropriate. Thank you!

MacKinnon

It would be a poor Setian indeed who discusses the availability of any other Initiate, ED or not. We have a respect for each other's privacy, and recognise we all have our own Initiation, and mundane matters to attend to on our own time.

My advice would be to have some patience. Your Initiation should not begin with affiliation with the Temple, nor should affiliation with the Temple be the driving force behind your Initiation. If you've lurked here for long, chances are you will have stumbled across links to Michael Aquino's black magic essay. If so, why not have a read of that and start some discussion on it here? Additionally, you might want to talk about why you NEED affiliation with the Temple at this stage in your Initiation.

Last edited:

L.Keane

Master Cosmonaut~EoB
Dear trithemius,

I must concur with MacKinnon. Patience is a vital tool of the Black Magician. Concentrate on understanding yourself rather than worrying about the status of your application. Prove to yourself that you are a Black Magician (as reflected in Dr. Aquino's Black Magic). Along with MacKinnon's fantastic question about NEED you can busy yourself with reading the sources on the Temple of Set reading list that interest you. Read or re-read Dr. Aquino's book "Temple of Set"...there is much you can do here and now. Don't dwell in the Yet To Be.

L

Daelach

Setian
What do you expect?! They are doing it in their leisure time, not as a paid job. I guess also in the TOS, people are having a real life. As applicant, you'll get what's left of their time after subtracting their jobs, their private needs and those who are already members of the TOS. In other words, don't expect to be their priority. In fact, it would suck if it were otherwise. Like the stupid telco providers who neglect their current customers in order to acquire new ones - where the current customers are just being ******* off.

Why don't you pursue your initiation on your own meanwhile? You could read e.g. Nietzsche. Or Spengler's extraordinary principal book, it will help you to understand the Naudhiz rune (and MUCH more). Or you could do something you've never done before, just for looking what it's like. E.g. a parachute tandem jump with an instructor. Ever jumped out of an airplane at 12,000ft altitude? Afraid? Then DO it. BECAUSE! :)

trithemius

Thank you all for your thoughts. I have read Dr. Aquino's Cos, ToS, and Black Magic cover to cover, which of course were big reasons for believing ToS is actually a... "metaphysically correct" institution (to borrow his own term). I will add the other recommendations here to my reading queue, always appreciate new books. I have assembled quite a long list of questions and would be interested in talking about need as well, so look for some new threads from me here. Thanks again.