• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apple Electric car 2020

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is for real:

Apple Wants to Start Producing Cars as Soon as 2020 - Bloomberg Business

Apple to try and target electric car in 5 years or less... and they have the money.

I currently hold TESLA stock and have made good money. Not that this will cause Apple stock to go even higher, but their car will probably come true despite the acquisition and development costs.

Exciting times coming soon. Capitalism is a great thing.
I will like electric cars when the government subsidies end.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I saw a study lately that if your electric car runs on electricity mostly generated by coal, it actually makes more pollution than a similar gas powered car, if most of your electricity is produced by natural gas it about breaks even with a gas powered car on pollution, and there is only a net saving on pollution if your electricity is generated by renewables, hydroelecric, wind, solar etc. Something to think about. Evidently with the batteries used in electric cars, production causes about twice as much pollution as a traditional gas powered car.

Environmental Impact | EVs might be more damaging than you think | Digital Trends

freethinker44

I'm picturing everything I dislike about Apple's other products combined with an electric car. So I see a car that's two or three times the cost of every other car, with arbitrary restrictions on common things that other car owners take for granted. Sound about right?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I saw a study lately that if your electric car runs on electricity mostly generated by coal, it actually makes more pollution than a similar gas powered car, if most of your electricity is produced by natural gas it about breaks even with a gas powered car on pollution, and there is only a net saving on pollution if your electricity is generated by renewables, hydroelecric, wind, solar etc. Something to think about. Evidently with the batteries used in electric cars, production causes about twice as much pollution as a traditional gas powered car.

Environmental Impact | EVs might be more damaging than you think | Digital Trends
I think of electric cars here as coal powered. But despite that dirty source, they have other efficiencies which are great for short drives, eg, no warm-up required. Warm-up periods for IC engines are dirty.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
This is for real:

Apple Wants to Start Producing Cars as Soon as 2020 - Bloomberg Business

Apple to try and target electric car in 5 years or less... and they have the money.

I currently hold TESLA stock and have made good money. Not that this will cause Apple stock to go even higher, but their car will probably come true despite the acquisition and development costs.

Exciting times coming soon. Capitalism is a great thing.

"Would you like to pay £0.69 to purchase the 'Extra Mileage Pack'"?