• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Apostolic Succession

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Once the door was opened, the keys became USELESS.
Then why did Paul say that Prophets and Apostles were to continue to be a part of the Church until we all came into a unity of the faith?

Think about it... who is able to keep me from my God, my Lord and my Christ? NO ONE!
But Pete, no one has said anything about anyone or anything keeping you away from Christ. NO ONE!

Then there is their supposed need for a "head". The church has only ONE HEAD, and it ain't human!
Jesus Christ is the head of the Church, but that doesn't mean that He didn't leave the Church in the care of His Apostles.

We never had a human head of the church: only Jesus!
So Christ gave Peter the keys, but Peter chucked them into the Tiber?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Then why did Paul say that Prophets and Apostles were to continue to be a part of the Church until we all came into a unity of the faith?
Reference please.
But Pete, no one has said anything about anyone or anything keeping you away from Christ. NO ONE!
Then why the preoccupation with keys? It indicates you are trying to keep people out.
Jesus Christ is the head of the Church, but that doesn't mean that He didn't leave the Church in the care of His Apostles.
Do you have a scriptural reference where he did this?
So Christ gave Peter the keys, but Peter chucked them into the Tiber?
On the Day of Pentecost, Peter opened the doors for us all to heaven. No longer were they closed off to all but the Jews. Once he opened up the doors to salvation for us they are no longer needed. He probably has them in a drawer somewhere as a keepsake. :D