• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

apostate Jerusalem

may

sojourner said:
Remarkably, the fulfillment of the prophecy occurred before the prophecy was written down...
so are you saying that jesus never predicted it then. that Jesus never foretold the end of the Jewish system. i suppose it depends on weather you believe the bible to be the word of God ....i do i notice you are a christianhow come you are not believing the bible

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
may said:
so are you saying that jesus never predicted it then. that Jesus never foretold the end of the Jewish system. i suppose it depends on weather you believe the bible to be the word of God ....i do i notice you are a christianhow come you are not believing the bible

I'm saying that Jesus may not have predicted it -- it might be a fabrication of the writer. While I do believe the Bible to be revelatory, I do not believe it is infallible, nor do I interpret it literalistically...nor do I believe that the destruction of the Temple had anything to do with Jerusalem being "apostate."

may

sojourner said:
Inor do I believe that the destruction of the Temple had anything to do with Jerusalem being "apostate."
one of the reasons that the religious leaders in Jesus day had Jesus put to death ,was because Jesus spoke out about their conduct and showed them up for what they were , yes the religious leaders were the ones that Jesus condemed because Jesus knew that they had gone away from true worship, and it was the so called religious leaders that influenced the crowd to reject the messiah .if religious leaders go away from true worship Jehovah goes away from them
But the Pharisees and those versed in the Law disregarded the counsel of God to them, they not having been baptized by him.) luke 7;30 yes these were the so called leaders versed in the law and they were the ones calling for Jesus death , what a bad influence they were setting ,they were a faithless and crooked generation no wonder their followers were also faithless and crooked, religious leaders have a great responsibility to stay close to Gods ways other wise God rejects them . especially when they claim to be representing the true God. and its the same today they follow their own coarse and do not recognize Jesus kingship inline with the bible ,they have fallen fast asleep over the centuries instead of keeping awake. and they are in spiritual darkness .
Woe to those who are saying that good is bad and bad is good, those who are putting darkness for light and light for darkness, those who are putting bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20) Those who dwell in spiritual darkness are being influenced by the god of the darkness, Satan the Devil, and consequently they are alienated from the source of light and life ...yes religious leaders who make their own rules up instead of sticking to Gods word . in fact the opposite to Gods ways:tsk: i am out of there ,the modern day apostate Jerusalem is on its way down

sojourner

may said:
one of the reasons that the religious leaders in Jesus day had Jesus put to death ,was because Jesus spoke out about their conduct and showed them up for what they were , yes the religious leaders were the ones that Jesus condemed because Jesus knew that they had gone away from true worship, and it was the so called religious leaders that influenced the crowd to reject the messiah .if religious leaders go away from true worship Jehovah goes away from them
But the Pharisees and those versed in the Law disregarded the counsel of God to them, they not having been baptized by him.) luke 7;30 yes these were the so called leaders versed in the law and they were the ones calling for Jesus death , what a bad influence they were setting ,they were a faithless and crooked generation no wonder their followers were also faithless and crooked, religious leaders have a great responsibility to stay close to Gods ways other wise God rejects them . especially when they claim to be representing the true God. and its the same today they follow their own coarse and do not recognize Jesus kingship inline with the bible ,they have fallen fast asleep over the centuries instead of keeping awake. and they are in spiritual darkness .
Woe to those who are saying that good is bad and bad is good, those who are putting darkness for light and light for darkness, those who are putting bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20) Those who dwell in spiritual darkness are being influenced by the god of the darkness, Satan the Devil, and consequently they are alienated from the source of light and life ...yes religious leaders who make their own rules up instead of sticking to Gods word . in fact the opposite to Gods ways:tsk: i am out of there ,the modern day apostate Jerusalem is on its way down

What does any of this have to do with my statement that I don't believe the destruction of the Temple had anything to do with Jerusalem being apostate?
The Romans destroyed Jerusalem in 70 c.e., because the Jews had staged an uprising against the Romans, who were Godless. It was a political move on the part of both the Jews and the Romans. It may have been prophesied earlier, but we can't say with any certainty that Jesus spoke about it, because the writings we have of Jesus' life happened after the event he "prophesied." So I don't see how you can use NT "prophecy" to bolster your argument about modern Christianity being apostate.

may

sojourner said:
What does any of this have to do with my statement that I don't believe the destruction of the Temple had anything to do with Jerusalem being apostate?
The Romans destroyed Jerusalem in 70 c.e., because the Jews had staged an uprising against the Romans, who were Godless. It was a political move on the part of both the Jews and the Romans. It may have been prophesied earlier, but we can't say with any certainty that Jesus spoke about it, because the writings we have of Jesus' life happened after the event he "prophesied." So I don't see how you can use NT "prophecy" to bolster your argument about modern Christianity being apostate.
Jehovah God can use whoever he wants to accomplish his purpose even the Godless ........ and they do not even realize that they are being used

sojourner

may said:
Jehovah God can use whoever he wants to accomplish his purpose even the Godless ........ and they do not even realize that they are being used

Of course God can do that...and does do that. But what is so compelling, so as to raise such ire against the established Church?

may

sojourner said:
Of course God can do that...and does do that. But what is so compelling, so as to raise such ire against the established Church?
because i find the bible to not only be a thrilling book for this time of the end , but also i find that it reveals things that most people in general are in the dark about. for me , the things that are happening inline with bible prophecy makes me realize that the bible really is the word of God . for me ,looking at christendom is like looking at the previous apostate Jerusalem. that is how i see it . its fruitage seems to be the same .
Although Jesus taught his followers to trust in God’s Kingdom, the nations of Christendom continue to rely for security on military arsenals and political alliances. (Matthew 6:10) Indeed, most of the world’s major arms producers are found in the nations of Christendom! Yes, when Christendom trusts in human efforts and institutions for a secure future, she is trusting in "unreality."

Ernestine

Jehovah God had his prophet Jeremiah warn the nation of Israel that if they continued in their apostasy with surrounding nations, that destruction would occur. True to God's prophecy, the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem. Also true to God's prophecy, the Medo-Persians later destroyed Babylon. They permitted the captive Israelites to return to Jerusalem to start rebuilding the temple. This was not happenstance. If you compare secular history in regard to what occurred with ruling kingdoms (i.e. Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, Britain/United States), you will see that the Bible has been correct and dead on point every time; and there are yet prophecies to be fulfilled in our day.

Ody

By the way, to say that there is one main reason for the fall of Jerusalem is foolish. There are many up to 7 or 8 explanations i have heard from the talmud. Some are more important than others, and looking that it was the loss of faith that doomed the city, destroys the greater message.

may

AlanGurvey said:
By the way, to say that there is one main reason for the fall of Jerusalem is foolish. There are many up to 7 or 8 explanations i have heard from the talmud. Some are more important than others, and looking that it was the loss of faith that doomed the city, destroys the greater message.
faithlessness, and crookedness doomed them , as it does today , for the modern day apostate Jerusalem(christendom) They do not put their faith in the established heavenly kingdom that was born in 1914 in the heavens with Jesus as its king
And a great sign was seen in heaven, a woman arrayed with the sun, and the moon was beneath her feet, and on her head was a crown of twelve stars, and she was pregnant. And she cries out in her pains and in her agony to give birth. revelation 12;1-2... yes this is the birth of Gods heavenly kingdom goverment ,this is what true christians should be putting their trust in , but christendom do not recognize this wonderful birth that took place in 1914, they are faithless , and in turn they do not recognize Jesus himself , because Jesus is the king of this wonderful heavenly kingdom. no wonder that the flocks of christendom are in the dark about the birth of the heavenly kingdom , they are listening to blind guides , who give out no light at all , they are in spiritual darkness

Ody

may said:
faithlessness, and crookedness doomed them , as it does today , for the modern day apostate Jerusalem(christendom) They do not put their faith in the established heavenly kingdom that was born in 1914 in the heavens with Jesus as its king
And a great sign was seen in heaven, a woman arrayed with the sun, and the moon was beneath her feet, and on her head was a crown of twelve stars, and she was pregnant. And she cries out in her pains and in her agony to give birth. revelation 12;1-2... yes this is the birth of Gods heavenly kingdom goverment ,this is what true christians should be putting their trust in , but christendom do not recognize this wonderful birth that took place in 1914, they are faithless , and in turn they do not recognize Jesus himself , because Jesus is the king of this wonderful heavenly kingdom. no wonder that the flocks of christendom are in the dark about the birth of the heavenly kingdom , they are listening to blind guides , who give out no light at all , they are in spiritual darkness

They where doomed for not being moral, not just because they didn't furfill G-ds pride!

joeboonda

Mhmm, and how many times did your religion predict and the 2nd Coming and it did not happen? So, now they say it happenned but we just don't see it. And you call Christians apostates, who love Christ and who trust in Him and Him alone to save them. When Christ returns, His feet will split the mount of Olives, and it will happen at the end of the Great Tribulation. What the Church is looking for now is the Rapture, when we meet the Lord in the AIR, but He returns with ten thousands of His saints (us) at the end of the Tribulation. And EVERYONE will see Him then.

may

AlanGurvey said:
They where doomed for not being moral, not just because they didn't furfill G-ds pride!
yes i agree , they did not stick to Gods standards, but made their own standards , i think it is the same today with religious leaders in christendom they make their own moral standards up ,....not inline with the bible.:tsk:

may

And I heard another voice out of heaven say: "Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. revelation 18;4-5 ............... Jehovah God wants his people to get out of Babylon the great ,why? because then we will not recieve her plagues, this woman ....Babylon the great ...... is the world empire of false religion , and a big part of that empire is , ..... the modern day apostate Jerusalem which is christendom.......... true christians are no part of christendom , they have got out of her ,as God wants them to. Jehovah God always makes the way out for his faithful ones............
the facts of history show that Christendom has betrayed God and the Bible.
In addition to teaching false doctrines, Christendom has betrayed God and the Bible by her actions. What the clergy and churches have done in past centuries, and have continued to do in our time, is the opposite of what the God of the Bible requires and the opposite of what the Founder of Christianity, Jesus Christ, taught and did.​
For instance, Jesus taught his followers not to meddle in this world’s political affairs nor to get involved in its wars.but who has been at the forefront ? christendom ,in past times and now