• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone have a smoking tolerance?

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
I’ve never smoked but people have been smoking around me since high school. I sort of got better at handling second hand smoke.
I have built up a tolerance to alcohol though
Second hand smoke is more toxic than first hand that the smoker inhales. Second hand smoke contains carbon monoxide.
I knew someone who was a bartender and long before the smoking ban went into effect in my hometown.
They never smoked but they died of lung cancer due to second hand smoke exposure.
CDC - Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Frequently Asked Questions

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Second hand smoke is more toxic than first hand that the smoker inhales. Second hand smoke contains carbon monoxide.
I knew someone who was a bartender and long before the smoking ban went into effect in my hometown.
They never smoked but they died of lung cancer due to second hand smoke exposure.
CDC - Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Frequently Asked Questions
Hmm. I worked a cig counter in my first job. We had a cupboard filled with rolling tobacco. Every time we’d open the door, it was like inhaling an entire cigarette.
I think my liver might go before my lungs though. And I have a family history of cancer to begin with.
So ehh, we all die of something.

dianaiad

You should try smoking again. It will make you feel like a kid again. It's cool.

Never smoked, never will. Never thought it looked 'cool,' and quite frankly, if someone else smoking ten feet away from me can send me to the ER, I don't even want to think of what smoking a cigarette myself would do.

Besides. It's not only stupid and expensive, it's against my religion. ;)

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Hmm. I worked a cig counter in my first job. We had a cupboard filled with rolling tobacco. Every time we’d open the door, it was like inhaling an entire cigarette.
I think my liver might go before my lungs though. And I have a family history of cancer to begin with.
So ehh, we all die of something.
The liver is the largest organ within the body. The skin is the largest organ of the body.
Your skin has pores that deliver whatever comes in contact with it directly to your bloodstream. I'd think your entire being has been toxified by second hand smoke.
Next time you see someone smoking watch the exhale. See that blue smoke? That's the carbon monoxide. The same toxin that is emitted from car exhaust.
When someone suicides in that fashion, tubing from their car exhaust into the car cab with windows closed, at autopsy their inner tissues are bright pink. Because of vasodilation. Their vascular system dilates.

Yes, we all die of something. However, dying from second hand smoke cancer is horrifically painful. At the point one is prescribed liquid morphine their end is near.
Rather than accept that fate why not cleanse your body of the toxins accumulated and stay away from toxic environments?

Cleansing affected organs can save your life. The entire body regenerates itself over time. Organs, skin, bones.
Give yourself a fighting chance. :)
Any health food store, (stay away from GNC) can tell you how to cleanse your body of those toxins accumulated from that environment you were in. Secondhand smoke. If you undertake that drink lots of water. Not tap water as government is insuring all municipal water supplies in the U.S. are ultimately fluoridated.
Drink spring water. No caffeine products, no dairy products, including milk
You may feel lousy at first because your body is purging those toxins from itself. However, if you stick with it, it will change your life.
Second hand smoke toxicity can have emotional effects. Depression, mood swings, weight gain, anger issues, poor health.
Check your fingernails. If you see deep vertical ridges from cuticle to nail tip that's a sign of mineral deficiency, which smoking and second hand smoke chronic exposure causes.

A healthy men's formulated or woman's depending on the patient's sex, multi-vitamin helps heal that too.
For women, stay away from iron supplements beyond what is in a multi. Unless advised to take those by your physician. Women's bodies produce enough iron naturally. Even after menstruation. Too much iron can cause its own problems.

Yours in health.
Moi

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
The liver is the largest organ within the body. The skin is the largest organ of the body.
Your skin has pores that deliver whatever comes in contact with it directly to your bloodstream. I'd think your entire being has been toxified by second hand smoke.
Next time you see someone smoking watch the exhale. See that blue smoke? That's the carbon monoxide. The same toxin that is emitted from car exhaust.
When someone suicides in that fashion, tubing from their car exhaust into the car cab with windows closed, at autopsy their inner tissues are bright pink. Because of vasodilation. Their vascular system dilates.

Yes, we all die of something. However, dying from second hand smoke cancer is horrifically painful. At the point one is prescribed liquid morphine their end is near.
Rather than accept that fate why not cleanse your body of the toxins accumulated and stay away from toxic environments?

Cleansing affected organs can save your life. The entire body regenerates itself over time. Organs, skin, bones.
Give yourself a fighting chance. :)
Any health food store, (stay away from GNC) can tell you how to cleanse your body of those toxins accumulated from that environment you were in. Secondhand smoke. If you undertake that drink lots of water. Not tap water as government is insuring all municipal water supplies in the U.S. are ultimately fluoridated.
Drink spring water. No caffeine products, no dairy products, including milk
You may feel lousy at first because your body is purging those toxins from itself. However, if you stick with it, it will change your life.
Second hand smoke toxicity can have emotional effects. Depression, mood swings, weight gain, anger issues, poor health.
Check your fingernails. If you see deep vertical ridges from cuticle to nail tip that's a sign of mineral deficiency, which smoking and second hand smoke chronic exposure causes.

A healthy men's formulated or woman's depending on the patient's sex, multi-vitamin helps heal that too.
For women, stay away from iron supplements beyond what is in a multi. Unless advised to take those by your physician. Women's bodies produce enough iron naturally. Even after menstruation. Too much iron can cause its own problems.

Yours in health.
Moi
A toxic environment is sometimes unavoidable. Such is life.
I have seen people die from cancer so spare me the lecture.
I’m from the culture that these Western detoxers steal from. Meh, that detox stuff Westerners praise as new age, is just part of my natural diet and has been since I was a kid.
So kindly don’t wax philosophical about health and well being to me. I know the spiel by heart by now.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
A toxic environment is sometimes unavoidable. Such is life.
I have seen people die from cancer so spare me the lecture.
I’m from the culture that these Western detoxers steal from. Meh, that detox stuff Westerners praise as new age, is just part of my natural diet and has been since I was a kid.
So kindly don’t wax philosophical about health and well being to me. I know the spiel by heart by now.
Wow.
:confused::eek:

To all others, as you can read in my post, my advice was also to include anyone who would care to care for themselves given the topic matter of this thread.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You must admit, guys that smoking is the only addiction which is harmful to others.
:rolleyes:

My brothers pill addiction, one night it left me absolutely devastated, heart broken, and crying harder than I ever have before or since.
If I were married to an alcoholic he wouldn't pollute my air and my clothes with his alcohol habits.:)
He could bankrupt you and beat you till your bones are broken, or leave you in a state of constant fear and worry. His breathe would stink, and his alcohol habit just might soak your carpets, bed, and clothes in his urine.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Guys...I didn't mean to say smoking is the worst addiction. Nor I wanted to demean smokers.
Forgive me if I gave this impression.

It is just my olfaction is very sensitive...and some habits can be bothersome .that's all...

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Wow.
:confused::eek:

To all others, as you can read in my post, my advice was also to include anyone who would care to care for themselves given the topic matter of this thread.
A noble cause to promote.
I just have an automatic aversion to this kind of lecturing. Perhaps an overexposure to it, having grown up in public hospitals :shrug:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I am a macchiato person but i know where you are coming from

Thats espresso macchiato, not the flavoured milk some serve as macchiato
Well there's the espresso "stained" by milk, and then there is the milk "stained" by espresso. Two totally different tastes.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Well there's the espresso "stained" by milk, and then there is the milk "stained" by espresso. Two totally different tastes.

I only once went into a starbucks and asked for a macchiato, i got a throfy milk drink with a hint of coffee and a lattice of caramel sauce on top? "What may i ask is this?" I asked... "That is what you asked for, a macchiato."

The one and only time i have been in a starbucks.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Guys...I didn't mean to say smoking is the worst addiction. Nor I wanted to demean smokers.
Forgive me if I gave this impression.

It is just my olfaction is very sensitive...and some habits can be bothersome .that's all...
I don't blame your reaction at all. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke. And alcohol. Which I found out when I drank my first Guinness. Bummer! :( That tasted so good until I was half way through and started to flush and sneeze .

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
A noble cause to promote.
I just have an automatic aversion to this kind of lecturing. Perhaps an overexposure to it, having grown up in public hospitals :shrug:
I tend to go the natural advice route when I read threads like this. Habit from working in the health food industry for a few years.
No worries. :)