• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Runners onboard?

outhouse

Atheistically
been running the last 3 years and just started really getting into it again.

Broke my hip in my 20's which stopped me from running and I was crippled for two years. Took me over 20 years to be able to run again and now im having a blast at it at 48 young years old :p.

Only at 7 miles now for my long run. I have been putting in about 15 miles a week for a while. Juggling parenthood is a bit tough so I only have 3 days a week tops to devote to it.

done 2 miles in 13 minutes

average a hour for 5-6 miles

Hoping to keep increasing distance and be able to do a marathon one day ;)

TIPS are welcome

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
those figures are massive. you could outrun me any time of the day.

i used to run a little a while back, the best i did was 1km in 4 min. and then i just gave it up. not my thing really.

but at 48 years young running that much is quite impressive.

outhouse

Atheistically
Thank you brother eselam

Im one of the slow one's here. Having a 5 year old limits my time so I can only run by myself mostly at night.

Lass night I did the 7 miles in pouring rain and wind and had a blast, at one point I looked up and said Yahweh!!!! is that the best you have!!! and put on a big smile and kept running ;)

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I run. I prefer short and moderate length, but high intensity runs. I know too many people with repetitive injuries.

Twice a week, I typically do 3-mile runs. Three or four times per week, I do several miles of cycling. I usually combine it with my regular workouts.

Usually on Fridays I only run a single mile, but I do it as fast as I can. I kept getting the time lower until I eventually kind of hit a limit.

outhouse

Atheistically
Ive been doing those high intesity runs every other week on wednesday. man it kicks your hiney if you ride the pain.

definatly woke up new muscles.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I love running. I used to do marathons and ultras but had to quit for health reasons. However! now the good people in the hospital seem to have fixed me and I've started running again. No more marathons but lots of mountain running and maybe a few 10k's.
I've embraced barefoot running and I love it. I'm only doing about 15-20 miles a week so far but I'm working my way back and hope to race in April.

Fair play to you for taking it up outhouse - it's a great interest. Keep us posted on your progress.
I need to lose some weight before I race. I'm 86/87kg now and I want to get back under 80 - the less I have to pull up those hills the better!

outhouse

Atheistically
I love running. I used to do marathons and ultras but had to quit for health reasons. However! now the good people in the hospital seem to have fixed me and I've started running again. No more marathons but lots of mountain running and maybe a few 10k's.
I've embraced barefoot running and I love it. I'm only doing about 15-20 miles a week so far but I'm working my way back and hope to race in April.

Fair play to you for taking it up outhouse - it's a great interest. Keep us posted on your progress.
I need to lose some weight before I race. I'm 86/87kg now and I want to get back under 80 - the less I have to pull up those hills the better!

Good for you bud. thats actually alot of miles for starting out. hats off to you.

did 7 miles friday night and 7 miles sunday, tomorrow ill do a short run .

Like you i will sign up for a half marathon in late spring.

At this point its all pain and im always pushing to up the miles to advance dustance.

I feel great though

Nooj

none
A friend of mine runs full marathons. She's inspired me to start working on my running seriously. Before, I only used to run 8 km (5 miles) every session. Now my goal is five times that!

Unfortunately, I badly sprained my ankle during judo, so I'm out for a couple of weeks at least. I'll be back though, more determined than ever.

outhouse

Atheistically
Hit 10 miles last night, 8 on Fri and 5 on Wed.

so 23 for the last week :)

atleast now a half marathon is firmly in reach. I wont stop there. I will head on to a full marathon :) despite what length of a race I run.

outhouse

Atheistically
well been running 10 miles regularly and even did a back to back 10 mile run one day and did another 10 the next day and been doing a few 10's since then.

I did to much to fast I guess with cheap shoes, because ive had shin splints giving me way to much lower leg pain, so I need to take a break for a bit.

Bought new Asics shoes but theres still to much lower leg pain. Ill start cross training and hopefully after a week break ill be able to hit it hard again with better shoes