• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any musicians in the house?

Master Vigil

I'm a percussionist. I played drums in a band in high school. We wanted to call ourselves "Free beer and naked ladies" because we thought that would bring in alot of people if that was put up on the board at bars. :D But we decided upon "The Magic Johnsons." Which really isn't much more pleasant. :D We broke up after our lead guitarist and I left for college.

I still play from time to time but not in a band. And I play flute, shakuhachi, transverse, and native american style flutes. I also started making and selling PVC pipe flutes. Which sound wonderful!!

Faint

Luke Wolf said:
More complex doesn't mean a better sound. Stairway to Heaven is one of the simpiliest to play, and one of the best sound mellow guitar riffs, IMO.
Very true. Portishead is one of my favorite groups, and their music is minimalist. But I was talking about options. Ultimately, you have more playing synth bass. However, playing a synth on stage doesn't look nearly as cool as rocking out with a bass guitar (which is why NIN uses both for live performances).
Luke Wolf said:
Makes me want to have a "battle of the instruments." I'll play my bass guitar, and a keyboard-techno player making bass sounds will play our best and let a crowd decide which is better.
That would be interesting, but the "winner" really depends on the crowd and what they came to hear. A bunch of metal heads would probably throw things at the synth player. But if it's people who like to dance, I imagine they would rather hear a steady dance rhythm from the synth bass.

Zephyr

Moved on
standing_alone said:
cello and guitar, but I really really suck at guitar, but I can hold my own playing the cello
I love the cello. It just seems to have the most human sound to it.