• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any idea what they're doing at this Gurdwara?

Treks

These photos were posted on 23 October 2014. I've never seen this in a Gurdwara before and I'm wondering if anyone has an idea what they are doing? They are not in the Darbar Sahib... I think they are in the main entrance hallway of the Gurdwara itself. Perhaps it was a memorial for someone? I don't know. Any thoughts? Thanks. :)

Gur1.PNG
Gur2.PNG

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No idea. Diwala? A guru parab? Lighting candles and lamps (to be placed somewhere else). Bottles of oil on the tray.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
They are lighting lamps and candles for Deepali viz Diwali, the date matches Deepali and yes Sikhs celebrate it!

Satnaam

Conquer your mind
The historical term used in our books is Deepmala. Bandi Chod Diwas is a new term made by Sikhs who want to distance themselves as much as possible from Hindus.Deepmala sounds better in my opinion, and historically more correct.

It is a celebration of Guru Hargobinds release from the fort of Gwalior. The Guru refused to be liberated alone and asked for all the unjustly detained prisoners (political prisoners) to be released with him too - he got 52 princes liberated. Its a celebration of championing for Human Rights.