• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Any Chautauquans here?

If so, I am curious about how your Chautauqua experience influences your participation in discussions on this site. BTW, a mere 5 months and 3 weeks until the 2015 season opens!

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
If so, I am curious about how your Chautauqua experience influences your participation in discussions on this site. BTW, a mere 5 months and 3 weeks until the 2015 season opens!
I had to look this up. But anything endorsed by Teddy Roosevelt can't be all bad.

Moishe3rd

Yehudi
Technically speaking, I suppose I am.
I was always a fan of Chautauqua as I stayed there several times as a child when my parents would go to some of the still extant meetings/ lectures/ etc. back in the day.

I had to look this up. But anything endorsed by Teddy Roosevelt can't be all bad.
Chautauqua is a 9 week summer community devoted to learning, the arts, music and recreation and is located in western New York. Each week's activities are organized around a theme reflecting social, artistic, political or religious issues. It's lecture platform, both secular and religious, attracts speakers who knowledgably represent the topic under discussion always in an atmosphere of civil discourse.
It is open to all and whether one visits for an afternoon or has family attending for generations, once there, you are a Chautauquan!
I believe that TR commented that Chautauqua represented the best things about America (paraphrase).

Technically speaking, I suppose I am.
I was always a fan of Chautauqua as I stayed there several times as a child when my parents would go to some of the still extant meetings/ lectures/ etc. back in the day.
Chautauqua was established in 1874 and continues to be a vibrant center for lifelong learning. Hopefully, you'll be able to visit again.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Chautauqua is a 9 week summer community devoted to learning, the arts, music and recreation and is located in western New York. Each week's activities are organized around a theme reflecting social, artistic, political or religious issues. It's lecture platform, both secular and religious, attracts speakers who knowledgably represent the topic under discussion always in an atmosphere of civil discourse.
It is open to all and whether one visits for an afternoon or has family attending for generations, once there, you are a Chautauquan!
I believe that TR commented that Chautauqua represented the best things about America (paraphrase).
He said "It is the most American thing in America".