• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anthropotheism - Are Humans Becoming God?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Technology is getting much more and more advanced, electricity in the help of it. As technology gets better, the faster it grows. So we could become extremely powerful and gradually get more powerful with technology and in the distant future make resources for it in all places in the universes.

2^x

With the help of modern inventions, it is not only helping us get more powerful, but also discover more things. Now, I'm pessimistic when looking toward a society of the future that is extremely intelligent, but if it does happen, and it is possible (just not likely TO ME) we would also become extremely smart.

So right now we have power making us smarter and knowledge creating better power. It's gradually building on itself also, knowledge indirectly in that case makes more knowledge and advancement makes us more advanced.

We've covered the divine intelligence and divine power, what else? The ability to create? That basically comes with what I described for divine power. Omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence?

Humans, if powerful enough, will cover every point in the universe and claim it as ours'. We don't care for species besides our own, we'd wipe out a world of aliens and possibly enslave them and eat them as we do here. So we'd basically have little to no problem getting everywhere in the universe.

But the universe is expanding you may say, well if we do make it as far as getting into other galaxies and such, owning tons of planets, populating them with the human's population which will increase in size with more room, we will eventually get to the parts expanding. The edges of the universe are claimed to be highly uncooled, they are extremely hot. If we happen to get past them, some scientists believe you become nonexistent and you simply are just eliminated, deleted from entire reality. Others like I though believe that there exists more space outside of the universe in which we would cover there too if we happen to get passed the expanding part (which is extremely unlikely and dangerous, even if you do get passed it for miles, being that you'd have a hell of a time running from the extremely fast matter coming at you at the speed of light).

Omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence have been covered.

So far, you may think what I said about omnipresence sounds a little too fantasy, well, let's think about it. We generally are trying to get to other planets and are making process by making machines that could soon reach the advancement to do so. In the distant, perhaps after we get through our solar system, we'd want outside of our galaxy, and we'll have an endless amount of room to explore.

So are humans in general possibly be close to becoming God due to the advancement of our technology? Would it then be best described as technotheism or anthropotheism?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
You don't need to wait for technology if you can master Yogic practice.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Why should humans want to become gods? Wasn't it enough to have invented them?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I love science fiction, but I think it has had the unintended side-effect of giving people the misguided impression that man's potential is unlimited.

The Sum of Awe

I love science fiction, but I think it has had the unintended side-effect of giving people the misguided impression that man's potential is unlimited.

If we keep continuing, getting bigger and bigger, we would be unlimited, but at the same time limited for the moment.

Leonardo

Technology is getting much more and more advanced, electricity in the help of it. As technology gets better, the faster it grows. So we could become extremely powerful and gradually get more powerful with technology and in the distant future make resources for it in all places in the universes.

Have you heard of the singularity?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
What is that?
"The ship wherein Theseus and the youth of Athens returned [from Crete] had thirty oars, and was preserved by the Athenians down even to the time of Demetrius Phalereus, for they took away the old planks as they decayed, putting in new and stronger timber in their place, insomuch that this ship became a standing example among the philosophers, for the logical question of things that grow; one side holding that the ship remained the same, and the other contending that it was not the same."

The Sum of Awe

"The ship wherein Theseus and the youth of Athens returned [from Crete] had thirty oars, and was preserved by the Athenians down even to the time of Demetrius Phalereus, for they took away the old planks as they decayed, putting in new and stronger timber in their place, insomuch that this ship became a standing example among the philosophers, for the logical question of things that grow; one side holding that the ship remained the same, and the other contending that it was not the same."

Could be similar to that, what I meant though was that: do you live a lifetime even though you don't do it in a moment? Yes, so we're omnipotent even though we don't have unlimited power ever. It's the whole timeline altogether.

I have a feeling that with increased communication and education, the results of our actions will be easier and easier to know - even the long-term consequences.