• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Answered, Thanks All - I have questions re: Alert settings

Being

Being
I have questions re: Alert settings. How long do alerts remain on alerts list after I've already viewed them? I don't see any way to delete or clear the alerts list. Thanks.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Greetings Being!

Welcome to RF. What brought you to our little corner of the net?

I'm no techie, I don't know if you can delete them. I have found it doesn't matter. When you get a new one it will show up, the older ones do not. They're just saved in a big list separately.

See ya 'round
Tom

Being

Being
Greetings Being!

Welcome to RF. What brought you to our little corner of the net?

I'm no techie, I don't know if you can delete them. I have found it doesn't matter. When you get a new one it will show up, the older ones do not. They're just saved in a big list separately.

See ya 'round
Tom

Thanks, Tom. The older ones still show in the drop down list. I realize that the older ones eventually move further down, so that they won't show in the drop down list. But there doesn't seem to be any way to either delete the older ones or mark them as having been read. That's what I was asking about. The matter will resolve itself eventually. Peace.

Being

Being
Willamena, thanks. I refreshed the browser, but the older (earlier) alerts still show on the drop down list (but further down, now). I suppose the drop down list will bump off the oldest ones eventually and they will appear only on the archived list. It's no big concern. But I appreciate your reply. Peace.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Thanks, Tom. The older ones still show in the drop down list. I realize that the older ones eventually move further down, so that they won't show in the drop down list. But there doesn't seem to be any way to either delete the older ones or mark them as having been read. That's what I was asking about. The matter will resolve itself eventually. Peace.
Hey again.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the question. But I they only appear once, unless you open "show all".

Tom

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
I have questions re: Alert settings. How long do alerts remain on alerts list after I've already viewed them? I don't see any way to delete or clear the alerts list. Thanks.
Peace be on you. Welcome.
Perhaps you may post it in "site feedback" on home page, left, last item.