• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Energy Thread

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
mystic64 said:
Brickjectivity you open up some interesting speculations for us arm chair physics types :) ! I suspect that the Phase-shifted Thruster concept is what is going to enable faster that light travel because it will also be able to create the electo magnetic shield frequency that will be required to maintain the vehicle's original space/time integrity.
Looking at the youtube video it reminds me of the effect I get when I rub two flat hair combs against each other, a kind of phase shift pattern that moves faster than the combs themselves. You place comb A onto comb B and slowly slide Comb B sideways. The pattern will shift faster than the comb does.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
well...crude oil is running out. and when it runs out (because it will, be certain that it will), we will be forced to use cheap alternative energies, and so we will build hundreds of nuclear plants all over the world.

and one more thing: Nuclear plants are not dangerous. The Chernobyl disaster was due to mismanagement.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Sir :) you notice that Revolt didn't ask me that. I would have to say that what you ask is classified information :) . And yes I have contributed some things to stuff, but I am not in your weight class as a scientist and an engineer, so I look forward to reading the things that you post and I thank you for your friend request.

Are you suggesting I am overweight ? ;)

Glad we are friends too ! :)

Avi1001

And AVI1001, what is your experience with the plasma drive engine (where ever it may have come from :) ) and the possiblities of its future use as a pollution free power source?

Mystic, I was just teasing you....if you want to survive in this brutal environment, you need to have a thick skin, like yours truly. :)

Actually, I like the plasma drive. Did you say you are a physicist ?

Avi1001

No, Tom, I am not suggesting environmental neglect. I am not sure how you interpreted that ? Indeed, I support clean fuels, like coal and nuclear.

I don't see this as a source of optimism. The USA will continue to create and fund strife around the world, directly and indirectly. The environment in general and the atmosphere in particular will continue to degrade. Instead of choosing to manage the inevitable and get some benefit, we'll just careen along until disaster hits and all of the choices are hideously ugly.

That is what you appear to be advocating. Keep our heads in the sand until something or someone rips our butts off and we feel obligated and justified going to war again. This attitude doesn't give me optimism.

I'm rather surprised by the lack of interest in this thread.

Tom

Avi1001

well...crude oil is running out. and when it runs out (because it will, be certain that it will), we will be forced to use cheap alternative energies, and so we will build hundreds of nuclear plants all over the world.

and one more thing: Nuclear plants are not dangerous. The Chernobyl disaster was due to mismanagement.

Hey....Hay,

In this rare case we appear to agree. In Europe, nuclear is ok, so far.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
No, Tom, I am not suggesting environmental neglect. I am not sure how you interpreted that ? Indeed, I support clean fuels, like coal and nuclear.

Is this one of your bad jokes?
Coal and nuclear are clean fuels?

I'm calling Poe.

Tom

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Is this one of your bad jokes?
Coal and nuclear are clean fuels?

I'm calling Poe.

Tom

well...actually coal is certainly not a clean fuel.
But nuclear energy is. Because in the nuclear plant process, the steam ( that you see coming out of the chimneys) is normal water vapor.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
well...actually coal is certainly not a clean fuel.
But nuclear energy is. Because in the nuclear plant process, the steam ( that you see coming out of the chimneys) is normal water vapor.
That isn't what I'm talking about. The radioactive waste is deadly and will be for longer than the human race is likely to last.

150 years ago, when fossil fuels started hitting industrial levels, it would have been hard to predict the environmental disaster coming. The disaster from nuclear power is much less hard to see. It hasn't happened yet, but the writing is on the wall.

Tom

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That isn't what I'm talking about. The radioactive waste is deadly and will be for longer than the human race is likely to last.

150 years ago, when fossil fuels started hitting industrial levels, it would have been hard to predict the environmental disaster coming. The disaster from nuclear power is much less hard to see. It hasn't happened yet, but the writing is on the wall.

Tom

You know what the problem is? Solar and wind power can provide energy for few people . if the population stopped growing, maybe clean electricity would suffice for everything

Last edited:

Avi1001

You know what the problem is? Solar and wind power can provide energy for few people . if the population stopped growing, maybe we could find a solution

Wrong again....Hay...do you know where all the energy in the world comes from ? It all starts with solar energy....and is converted to the other forms we know. More energy comes to the earth as solar than any other form.

How much energy comes to earth from the sun ?

"The Earth receives 174 petawatts (PW) of incoming solar radiation (insolation) at the upper atmosphere.[3] Approximately 30% is reflected back to space while the rest is absorbed by clouds, oceans and land masses. The spectrum of solar light at the Earth's surface is mostly spread across the visible and near-infrared ranges with a small part in the near-ultraviolet.[4]"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_energy

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Wrong again....Hay...do you know where all the energy in the world comes from ? It all starts with solar energy....and is converted to the other forms we know. More energy comes to the earth as solar than any other form.

How much energy comes to earth from the sun ?

"The Earth receives 174 petawatts (PW) of incoming solar radiation (insolation) at the upper atmosphere.[3] Approximately 30% is reflected back to space while the rest is absorbed by clouds, oceans and land masses. The spectrum of solar light at the Earth's surface is mostly spread across the visible and near-infrared ranges with a small part in the near-ultraviolet.[4]"

Solar energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Honestly....so you are practically admitting that we live in a world where the crude oil oligopoly bribes politicians, so they only build thermoelectric plants and avoid building solar energy plants.
you know...the one who invented a type of electric car was mysteriously murdered.

mystic64

nolonger active
Mystic, I was just teasing you....if you want to survive in this brutal environment, you need to have a thick skin, like yours truly. :)

Actually, I like the plasma drive. Did you say you are a physicist ?

AVI :) , I thrive in a brutal message board environment! To me if I start to get mad, then there is a flaw/weakness in my personality programming that needs to be solved. One can't find their weaknesses if other folks don't show them to them. That is what I like about this message board, most everybody in it is very awake and there are quite a few here that will give you a run for your money if you are at all slow :) . I love it! Surival as an identity in the midst of a world of minds at play.

AVI, I am a jack of all trades and a master of none, so to speak. Relative to physics I would have to say that I am an advanced metaphyicist with a back ground in normal physics and a little bit of basic understanding in theoretical physics. This is with the understanding that I do not speak their language at all. But I would pick it up pretty quick if I was around people who spoke it. I am extremely empathic, somewhat telepathic, and I have an attachment to the intuitive mind that runs about 96% reliability. I am not always right, but I am always pretty close. I am also somewhat autistic which slows me down a lot when it comes to interacting with life.

AVI I am glad that you are thick skinned, because I would like understand some of the things that you know and I have no desire to ever upset you. So far I have been exploring how your personality structure is set up so that I don't say anything in the future that you might take offence with. AVI you have now cut to the chase and I do not have to worry about it anymore :) .

Plasma drive and energy...It is my opinion that they are using the wrong fuel :) . I think that if they use water with a little dissolved calcium cabonate in it that they would find the efficiency would go up significantly. And just for fun add a little iron carbonate to the mix and it would be a bit nuclear in a mini-me way. But that would probably need shielding because there might be some gamma radiation and alpha partical stuff happening. I keep seeing wheels with plasma drive engines on them generating electricity using water as a fuel. Maybe?

mystic64

nolonger active
Honestly....so you are practically admitting that we live in a world where the crude oil oligopoly bribes politicians, so they only build thermoelectric plants and avoid building solar energy plants.
you know...the one who invented a type of electric car was mysteriously murdered.

We do live in a world where the oil folks are a force to be reckoned with. And they do use their power to keep us in a Jurasic Park reality when it comes to the use of fossil fuels as an energy source. But the problem with the electric car has been developing an efficient battery and the problem with using the sun has been developing a efficient photo electric cell. And in today's world those problems are slowly being overcome. Once these problems are overcome, then we will see what happens with the juggernaut oil folks. But until then they are not actually the problem. They are a problem though when it comes to developing ways to use fossil fuels efficiently and then the use of those ways.

There were a lot of ways to use fossil fuels efficiently that were developed in the late fifties and early sixties, but the internal combustion engine was more profitable for the oil folks and the US manufacturing folks, so these better ways went down the pike and were not to be seen. And the nuclear reactors that we use today are also dinosaurs, so don't get too emotional attached to them :) .

mystic64

nolonger active
Looking at the youtube video it reminds me of the effect I get when I rub two flat hair combs against each other, a kind of phase shift pattern that moves faster than the combs themselves. You place comb A onto comb B and slowly slide Comb B sideways. The pattern will shift faster than the comb does.

Brickjectivity, yours is an interesting way of putting that math into words :) ! Basically Creation acts like it is moving through a solid. What that engine does is to grab onto that solid and pull itself through it. Personally I think that the whole concept is way too cool :) !

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Brickjectivity, yours is an interesting way of putting that math into words :) ! Basically Creation acts like it is moving through a solid. What that engine does is to grab onto that solid and pull itself through it. Personally I think that the whole concept is way too cool :) !
At the moment I don't understand what math they are relying upon if any. It may only be fiddle faddle, but the NASA prototype looks interesting. Despite it being interesting my guess is that it will be a disappointment or a prank and we will be back to horse and buggy, not light speed. :sad4: maybe not but probably. )(If the engine works then its applying a physical force to something in space other than matter. (Assuming I read the article properly.) That is a very big deal. Applying a force to non-matter is the equivalent of creating an unlimited cold sync for heat engines. You are sending energy into nowhere. If you can do that you can make heat engines almost 100% efficient, which does not seem possible. I don't know, but maybe this EM engine is a prank?

Avi1001

Hi mysty, your background in physics and theoretical physics is very valuable....your background in metaphysics is BS.....if you ask me.

I like your idea of adding calcium carbonate to water as fuel, but it cannot work...please explain why ? You should know this if you are a strong physicist...lets see.

AVI :) , I thrive in a brutal message board environment! To me if I start to get mad, then there is a flaw/weakness in my personality programming that needs to be solved. One can't find their weaknesses if other folks don't show them to them. That is what I like about this message board, most everybody in it is very awake and there are quite a few here that will give you a run for your money if you are at all slow :) . I love it! Surival as an identity in the midst of a world of minds at play.

AVI, I am a jack of all trades and a master of none, so to speak. Relative to physics I would have to say that I am an advanced metaphyicist with a back ground in normal physics and a little bit of basic understanding in theoretical physics. This is with the understanding that I do not speak their language at all. But I would pick it up pretty quick if I was around people who spoke it. I am extremely empathic, somewhat telepathic, and I have an attachment to the intuitive mind that runs about 96% reliability. I am not always right, but I am always pretty close. I am also somewhat autistic which slows me down a lot when it comes to interacting with life.

AVI I am glad that you are thick skinned, because I would like understand some of the things that you know and I have no desire to ever upset you. So far I have been exploring how your personality structure is set up so that I don't say anything in the future that you might take offence with. AVI you have now cut to the chase and I do not have to worry about it anymore :) .

Plasma drive and energy...It is my opinion that they are using the wrong fuel :) . I think that if they use water with a little dissolved calcium cabonate in it that they would find the efficiency would go up significantly. And just for fun add a little iron carbonate to the mix and it would be a bit nuclear in a mini-me way. But that would probably need shielding because there might be some gamma radiation and alpha partical stuff happening. I keep seeing wheels with plasma drive engines on them generating electricity using water as a fuel. Maybe?

Avi1001

No Brickj, the plasma drive is no prank, but it has few practical applications. Just out of curiosity, what size of the vessel do you think is optimal....very large or very small ? Please explain your reasoning...you can use dimensionless groups as needed . ;).

At the moment I don't understand what math they are relying upon if any. It may only be fiddle faddle, but the NASA prototype looks interesting. Despite it being interesting my guess is that it will be a disappointment or a prank and we will be back to horse and buggy, not light speed. :sad4: maybe not but probably. )(If the engine works then its applying a physical force to something in space other than matter. (Assuming I read the article properly.) That is a very big deal. Applying a force to non-matter is the equivalent of creating an unlimited cold sync for heat engines. You are sending energy into nowhere. If you can do that you can make heat engines almost 100% efficient, which does not seem possible. I don't know, but maybe this EM engine is a prank?