• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Animals Dying En Masse?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Experts said the cold weather may have caused the birds’ deaths as the flock was swept into a high-altitude wind storm before falling to earth.
Since this is not an isolated incident, I really doubt that is the case.
It might just be that we have put too many pollutants and carbon in the air and water. But even that really doesn't explain it that well or it would be happening on an even larger scale.
Maybe with their animal instincts they discovered that the 2012 end date is actually when Cthulhu is going to rise, and the Great Old Ones are going to reclaim the earth, and the great shock and unimaginable horror suddenly killed them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The way they explained the magnetic field shifting about 25 miles a year really doesn't make since, or we would probably see something similar, at least on a smaller scale, annually. However the cold air/water theory may be a very grave indication that we have failed to prevent and ease the effects of Global Warming before it is too late.

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
weird ? people are now calling it the “Aflockalypse"

“Aflockalypse” — Mass Animal Deaths Now Mapped on Google

but i am not heading for the hills just yet:

Even very plausible explanations did not allay the suspicion that something sinister must be going on. Why? Because we’re human. Our minds have evolved to look for patterns, and causative agents. In fact, some thinkers argue that this turn of mind, which evolved as a survival mechanism, ended up predisposing humans to believe in a deity, because when we can’t find a natural cause for an apparent pattern or event, we posit a supernatural one. Certainly it predisposed us to look for an interesting culprit for the bird die-offs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/weekinreview/09gorman.html

BBC News - The mystery of mass bird deaths

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
This is so weird. Because in Arkansas, 5,000 redwing blackbirds fell from the sky in Beebe, and 125 miles away, over 1000 fish showed up dead. I never heard about the turtledoves until today.

Rakhel

My family and I were talking about this today.

The only scientifically logical theory that I can think of that makes any sense to me is:
All the earthquakes we have had in the last two(?) years, especially the one in Chile, knocked the Earth's axis enough to confuse the birds' natural migrations.

no-body

I am admittedly pretty dumb at understanding science so maybe I'm missing the obvious but what about all those gallons of oil that got pumped into the ocean? It would be nice if they could at least reference it and say that it has nothing to do with this because that's the first thing my mind jumps to. It's like everyone has forgotten about it.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Weird things are happening,i have a nesting box next to our lounge window,the Goldfinch keeps missing the box and hitting the window,not hard but as if its trying to get in,the hole for the box is 9 inches away from the window,i noticed this last year,never happened before though.

I hope this doesn't mean the end as i've paid for my holiday and i wouldn't get a refund

Duck

Well, if it was dark and they were disoriented then...maybe.

However, I was thinking more along the lines of: they hit the ground after they were already dead. The trauma injuries could have been sustained after the birds died.

To be honest though, I really don't know what killed them. The most plausible scenario I've heard thus far, at least for the Arkansas mass death, is the startle-scatter-crash, (i.e. something startled them and, panicked and disoriented, they flew into various nearby objects. [trees, homes, cars, each other, etc.])

According to Cindy Jacobs of General's International ministry, the cause (at least of the Arkansas mass deaths of fish and birds) was repeal of DADT. I kid you not, fish and birds died in Arkansas because a discriminatory law enacted by a former governor of Arkansas was repealed.