• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Animals are souls

Are animals souls

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
If you heard someone say that animals are souls, what would be your initial reaction?

Would you believe that animals are souls? And if they are not souls, what are they?

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Do you know what the acronym SOS stands for?
"Save Our Ship" last time I checked, there are also rather distasteful references to food.

From wiki:

SOS is the international Morse code distress signal (· · · – – – · · ·). This distress signal was first adopted by the German government in radio regulations effective April 1, 1905, and became the worldwide standard under the second International Radiotelegraphic Convention, which was signed on November 3, 1906 and became effective on July 1, 1908. SOS remained the maritime radio distress signal until 1999, when it was replaced by the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System.[1] SOS is still recognized as a visual distress signal.[2]

The SOS distress signal is a continuous sequence of three dits, three dahs, and three dits, all run together without letter spacing. In International Morse Code, three dits form the letter S, and three dahs make the letter O, so "SOS" became an easy way to remember the order of the dits and dahs. In modern terminology, SOS is a Morse "procedural signal" or "prosign", and the formal way to write it is with a bar above the letters: SOS.

In popular usage, SOS became associated with such phrases as "save our ship", "save our souls" and "send out succour". These may be regarded as mnemonics, but SOS does not actually stand for anything and is not an abbreviation. SOS is only one of several ways that the combination could have been written; VTB, for example, would produce exactly the same sound, but SOS was chosen to describe this combination. SOS is the only 9-element signal in Morse code, making it more easily recognizable, as no other symbol uses more than 8 elements.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
ok, let me put it this way, if you are stuck out in the middle of the desert and you drew a big SOS in the sand, what would the SOS stand for?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
What does your signature mean to you if you dont believe in souls?
Well I don't believe in the soul that Christians believe in, to me the soul is just a word for our over all body universe, that package of energy that runs our mind body organism, that's all.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
ok, let me put it this way, if you are stuck out in the middle of the desert and you drew a big SOS in the sand, what would the SOS stand for?
SOS is a Morse "procedural signal" or "prosign", and the formal way to write it is with a bar above the letters, it is not an abbreviation for anything. SOS is only one of several ways that the combination could have been written; VTB, for example, would produce exactly the same sound, but SOS was chosen to describe this combination. SOS is the only 9-element signal in Morse code, making it more easily recognizable, as no other symbol uses more than 8 elements.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Well I don't believe in the soul that Christians believe in, to me the soul is just a word for our over all body universe, that package of energy that runs our mind body organism, that's all.

so are you saying the soul is the physical entirety of a living being or organism?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
SOS is a Morse "procedural signal" or "prosign", and the formal way to write it is with a bar above the letters, it is not an abbreviation for anything. SOS is only one of several ways that the combination could have been written; VTB, for example, would produce exactly the same sound, but SOS was chosen to describe this combination. SOS is the only 9-element signal in Morse code, making it more easily recognizable, as no other symbol uses more than 8 elements.

Do you think its possible in this situation that 'save our souls' might apply?

I mean, if you are stuck out in the middle of nowhere, you are not likely to be carrying around a morse code machine are you.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Do you think its possible in this situation that 'save our souls' might apply?

I mean, if you are stuck out in the middle of nowhere, you are not likely to be carrying around a morse code machine are you.
As one who has actually been lost at sea (twice for that matter) yes. Morse code was drummed into my head as a Civil Air Patrol cadet and I have not forgotten it. You can claim that "SOS" means whatever you want it to, but you will wrong, period, end of story. So go right on making believe that you know what you are talking about.

Here is a list of the Prosigns for Morse code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

psychoslice

Veteran Member
so are you saying the soul is the physical entirety of a living being or organism?
Yes, its not something that continues on after death, nothing continues after death, that is nothing that wasn't all ready there. What was there was Consciousness, but Consciousness goes nowhere, so as Consciousness which we all are, is right where its always been, right here and now, and it always will be right here and Now.