• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

...and now for something completely different: Free Will!

Bob walks into a vault with an open door. At what point does he lose his free will?

• He never had freewill

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • As soon as he walks into the vault.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When the door is closed and welded shut

• When he wants to leave.

• When he becomes scared.

• When he becomes bored.

• When he becomes thirsty and hungry

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • When he wants consensual sex

• When he wants nonconsensual sex

• When the air supply shuts down and he dies.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muffled

Jesus in me
For what it's worth, I don't accept any of the purported teachings of Jesus either. As I've explained in other threads, I don't believe the stories in the Bible about Jesus, or any other story in the Bible for that matter (see here). To be honest, I don't see any reason why we should give the stories of Jesus any more weight than we do the myths about all the deities and demi-gods in Greek mythology.

I believe words that are true are pretty obvious. For instance it seems to me obvious that a good God would give a loaf of bread and not give a scorpion instead.

ppp

I believe my time doing jail ministry has an answer to this. Supposedly jail is intended to correct a person's behavior. The truth is: It does not. You can prevent the person from committing a crime while they are in jail but he goes right back to it after getting out. God isn't looking to prevent behavior but to change the mind of the person so he will act right. Those who turn to God in jail get out and no longer commit crimes.
There is nothing in that reply that addresses my question, How is stopping someone from hurting another person turning them into an automaton?
Until you can answer that direct question with an equally direct answer, don't waste my time.