• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancient cities that have disappeared.

We Never Know

No Slack
I've seen several argue about cities in different places whether they existed or didn't.
If a city of around 10 square miles, with around 100,000 population, and with around 40,000 building can disappear and not be discovered until the early 21st century, one might should think what other cities have disappeared and have not yet been discovered.

"Angamuco is the name given to a major urban settlement of the Purépecha civilization, now in ruins hidden under vegetation, in the Lake Pátzcuaro Basin of Michoacán, Mexico, and discovered in 2007. In 2012, using LiDAR technology, archaeologist Christopher Fisher and team detected an estimated 39,000 buildings at the site, roughly the same as Manhattan, on a territory of approximately 25 square kilometres (9.7 sq mi)."

Angamuco - Wikipedia

"Using the scanning technology, the team, led by Chris Fisher, an archaeologist at Colorado State University, has now explored the full extent of the city, and found that Angamuco once had as many buildings as modern-day Manhattan" (around 40,000.)
At its peak, the city was home to more than 100,000 people between about 1000 CE and 1350 CE, making it about the biggest city in western Mexico at the time"

Laser Mapping Shows Ancient City in Mexico Contained 40,000 Buildings | Smart News| Smithsonian Magazine

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think any modern archeologists believes we have found all the ancient cities. yes, cities disappear into forests, they disappear under the sand, they disappear under the water, they crumble to pieces or are abandoned.

New technology makes it much easier to find such lost cities, lost settlements, lost buildings, etc.But that doesn't mean we have found all that there is to find.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been waiting for some TV show about all these new findings. Someday.

I've been waiting for a time machine so we can go back in time to when these ancient cities were flourishing and go pay them a visit.

This ancient culture is still denied by historians and archeologists.

Its recognition changes the whole accepted chronology of history.

The archeologists challenge these ruins with the argument that "no ceramic or similar" have been found in that location, that such rock forms are natural and not man made.

Anyways, it shouldn't be denied that bad, because Japan is known to be in an area where earthquakes are part of the daily routine.

The design of these ruins agree with other similar stone constructions of the ancient past.

Mysterious 10,000 Year-Old Underwater Ruins in Japan

yonaguni2.jpg

yonaguni.jpg