• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancient and Modern Creation Stories

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
But by your logic you can't judge science since you aren't an expert. In fact, from the looks of it, you aren't even a novice. But i have studied ancient mythology. Slavic, Finnic, Norse / Germanic, Chinese, Indian etc.
-----------------
Obviously you haven´t got further on in your mythical understanding than to the level of mumbo jumbo and fairy tales. Otherwise you would at least have understood some of the general ideas of ancient myths and their world perspective, which I´m writing of here.

Native

es, of course. Do you know the precise statement of that conservation law? "The total energy at one time is the same as the total energy at any other time". Time figures in pretty heavily there.

More nonsense. Time don´t define the conservation law. Only transformations defines this law.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
-----------------
Obviously you haven´t got further on in your mythical understanding than to the level of mumbo jumbo and fairy tales.

You are basing that on nothing i've said, only on what you assume. :)

But for the record, i have studied them extensively. I've put a lot of emphasis specifically in how said mythologies formed. You seem to be more about the philosophical implications which is foolish: You are essentially trying to use them as inspiration for your own constructed world view instead of simply wanting knowledge.

Your use of "mythical understanding" is very loaded with such poison. You seem to want to acutally believe those mythologies. The problem: You read new age journals, you get weird amalgamations of them instead of the real things.

Otherwise you would at least have understood some of the general ideas of ancient myths and their world perspective, which I´m writing of here.

I didn't imply anywhere that i didn't understand it. This is more wishful thinking:

But i understand it. That you got it from some new age philosophy journals instead of studying actual ancient mythologies. You are being too specific, so it looks a lot like you're actually explaining YOUR mythology instead of any ancient one. :)

TLDR: You are explaining your own amalgamated mythology here. Nothing more. You want to believe, nothing more.

More nonsense. Time don´t define the conservation law. Only transformations defines this law.

But time features heavily in it, which was the point... Looks like my accusations about you were *spot on*.

Native

he BB has a very precise mathematical model that agrees with observations.

You can make all kinds of mathematical equations and simulations which fits your confused world picture. This STILL doesn´t make any BB theory even credible or plausible

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Once again showing how little physics you understand.

Let me guess. You've never actually seen the law of conservation of energy proven, have you?

Darkstorn

This just prove that you haven´t understood the myths you have studied.

No it doesn't. You didn't use any logic to come to that conclusion, you simply are making an empty statement. Which is a lot like all your other statements. :D

What do you mean these myths say about the creation?

They all say different things. One of them says that a duck's egg became the world.

Native

Once again showing how little physics you understand.
Let me guess. You've never actually seen the law of conservation of energy proven, have you?

A subject "time" cannot define another subject "a natural law". BB is also a subject and of course it cannot define anything else but the state of speculative thoughts of modern scientists.

Darkstorn

A subject "time" cannot define another subject "a natural law". BB is also a subject and of course it cannot define anything else but the state of speculative thoughts of modern scientists.

That's just a bunch of nonsense. I don't understand why Polymath tries to explain it rationally because you just react like this every time. You treat an entirely rational post as something even less valid than your random ramblings?

Darkstorn

Do you literary believe in this fairy tale level of explanation?

You keep accusing me of not understanding your posts, but i made it very clear that i obviously don't believe that.

I'm saying you believe in whatever random new age crap you spout. :D

And way to call an ancient mythology "fairy tale level of explanation." I guess that doesn't make yours any better?

Native

That's just a bunch of nonsense. I don't understand why Polymath tries to explain it rationally because you just react like this every time. You treat an entirely rational post as something even less valid than your random ramblings?

Oh, so you too believe that "time made the conservation law"? Are you in family with Polymath or been on the same University, learning the same dogmatics without thinking critical for yourselves?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, so you too believe that "time made the conservation law"? Are you in family with Polymath or been on the same University, learning the same dogmatics without thinking critical for yourselves?

Again, I did NOT say that time 'made' the conservation laws. I said that time is *required* to even state them.

As for thinking critically....we do so well enough to reject your nonsense.

Darkstorn

NO, latest i somewhat accused you for not having understood the myths you´ve read and studied.

Which you have failed to actually show.

Oh, so you too believe that "time made the conservation law"?

Uh... It literally says "over time." It's not about belief.

Are you in family with Polymath or been on the same University, learning the same dogmatics without thinking critical for yourselves?

Okay, now you're just suffering from a meltdown. Take your meds, or remember what your mommy said about manners.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

He brings up some issues that appear fairly often. So I answer them.

I'm still blown away by his belief that there is no gravity in space.....just wow.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
IMO, we are getting nowhere fast.
Motion carried.
If you still are interested, I suggest you to read it all over once more or several times.
If you'd only told me what I was supposed to be interested in ─ but apparently that's too much to ask ─ we might have had something to talk about.

Anyway, live long and prosper.

ecco

Veteran Member
I make the claim that instead of studying ancient mythology, you have studied new age crap.

17727806-hammer-hitting-the-nail-into-the-ground.jpg