• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancestry of Torath Mosheh Jews (Ivrim-Benei Yisrael-Yehudim)

Ehav4Ever

The folliwing is description of historical and archeological sources towards the ancestry of the following Jewish communities.
  1. Mizrahim
  2. Teimanim
  3. Sephardim
  4. Maghrebim
  5. Qavqazim
  6. Ashkenazi Orthodox, Ultra-Orthodox, Hasidim, Hereidim
  7. Ethiopian / Habashim / Beta Yisrael
  8. Benei Menashe
To start, the following is an important context in what I will be addressing.

1711092405883.png

1711092486329.png

Ehav4Ever

Concerning the historical question of whether not the Ivrim or Benei Yisrael were originally of Canaanite extraction and what such a thing even mean if it were true.

Ehav4Ever

In this video I detail the historical origin of the word "Yehudi / Yehudim" which is what the word "Jew" is derived from.

Ehav4Ever

The following are also a part of what is listed above.

1711261693217.png

The following is from a Wiki article about tablets found in Iraq that discuss the Jewish community, post exile in the area.
1711261811499.png

Ehav4Ever

Concerning the issue of the term Ivri vs. Hapiru / 'Abiru. It is clear that the term Ivri (עברי) / Ivrim (עבריים) is how Jewish texts describe Avraham ben-Terahh his children, grandchildren, and further who kept the mitzvoth that he did, in the way he did. I.e. one perspective is that this term, as it is pronounced in the Tanakh, was an internal term to Avraham's family who followed in his path.

1711466352324.png

With Hapiru / 'Abiru it isn't "historically" clear that these terms were used specifically to describe the Ivrim (i.e. Avraham ben-Terahh and all who followed his way of life). What is clear is that "historically" the terms were more general to describe various people who where from regions in and around Canaan, Moav, etc. and the Ivrim, and eventually the Benei Yisrael, were possibly grouped into these term for conviience since they were in the area of Canaan and beyond.

1711466382992.png

I.e. not all Habiru / 'Apiru were Ivrim / Benei Yisrael and possibly in some situations Habiru / 'Apiru was used to describe Ivrim and Benei Yisrael.

Ehav4Ever

The following set of books are a good source of information about the Tanakh and archeology. The set is in Hebrew but translations have been made into French and English of a few of them.

1713958625442.png

English Version

1713958781671.png
1713958829799.png
1713958851406.png