• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anatomy of a Dream

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I had a pretty stupid dream during my afternoon knap today. I spent some time after getting up to beak it down into its parts and try to figure out how it was constructed. I find that often my dreams are built on thoughts and activities in my life. That's not always the case, but usually when I give them a closer look, I can find the bricks on which they are constructed.

So, in this dream, there was Danny DeVito; an urgent search for a urinal; a dog with a very large, menacing mouth; and some kind of velcro patches stuck to the *** of my jeans.

Let me break this down...
Danny DeVito: For whatever reason I was thinking about a movie yesterday that starred Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger titled Twins. A story about two brothers separated at birth who are poles apart.

An urgent search for a urinal: This morning I went to the store to buy a birthday card. As soon as I had parked my car I felt the need to pee. You know how the feeling becomes more urgent when nearing a bathroom? Of course the bathroom was out of service at the store.

A dog with a very large, menacing mouth: Yesterday I jokingly referred to my dog as the jaws of death.

And some kind of velcro patches stuck to the *** of my jeans: I haven't figured out this one yet. Perhaps it was thrown in just to keep me guessing. My thanks to the dream characters who helped remove them just before I woke up.

pexels-pixabay-279467.jpg

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
In my personal opinion, I feel dreams are often triggered if you view a lot of out of the ordinary visual and audio things during the day. It's like your mind wants to make sense of it so it starts creating these dream images.