• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anarchy

sdotbrown

Maize said:
That's all well and good at an individual level, but as a society we need rules and we need punishments to keep people safe. If someone raped me, I might be able to forgive them, but I'd still want to see them put away so that they can't hurt anyone else.
To me that means that you never really forgave them for anything. Where do you draw the line of imprisoning someone and not imprisoning someone else? I just couldn't be the one to decide a punishment for someone, when I myself have done so many things wrong. I feel judging someone is wrong. I take this from the bible though, so obviously our feelings will differ greatly.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
sdotbrown said:
To me that means that you never really forgave them for anything.

Why do you say that? What is more loving? Letting someone hurt themselves and/or others or keeping them from doing so?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Have humans ever lived in a genuine state of anarchy? I doubt it. Humans naturally organize themselves into families, bands, and tribes. They naturally come up with customs and traditions for living together. We're a social animal, with all that implies.

sdotbrown

Sunstone said:
Have humans ever lived in a genuine state of anarchy? I doubt it. Humans naturally organize themselves into families, bands, and tribes. They naturally come up with customs and traditions for living together. We're a social animal, with all that implies.
By anarchy, I simply mean no government. Of course there will always be groups that live together, work together, etc. I think it is a persons responsibilty to live a moral life. We should not leave it up to lawmakers to decide what is right and wrong, and how to punish those who are in the wrong.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
sdotbrown said:
By anarchy, I simply mean no government. Of course there will always be groups that live together, work together, etc. I think it is a persons responsibilty to live a moral life. We should not leave it up to lawmakers to decide what is right and wrong, and how to punish those who are in the wrong.
You would need for humans to return to living in very small groups for that to be feasible.

Plans can and will change
The world is ever changing and so are we.
We can't set rights and wrongs we must allow free will.
In the chaos a balance will be found.
Instead of corrupt politicans doing whats "right".
We have sides that unite to defend themselves.
A true struggle with black and white lines.
Let those will hatred roam the world alone.
May those with love huddle under warm blankets behind high walls.