• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Epithany

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I've had an epiphany:

Just because something makes sense doesn’t make it true!

I no longer believe all that UFO stuff

Or that I have a line of communication open to God

Now that I’ve dumped all that nonsense I can now authentically claim not to be a crackpot

My crackpot days are now truly over

More to follow…

Yerda

Veteran Member
I've had an epiphany:

Now that I’ve dumped all that nonsense I can now authentically claim not to be a crackpot

More to follow…
Aliens are a possibility we can enjoy speculating about til our wee hearts are content. You asked in a previous entry where they might hide in the solar system and that, for me, is a fun and interesting question to ponder.

Having a direct line to God is a different type of thing entirely. If you are experiencing "communications" then it seems to me that there are some serious implications. How can you be thinking one day you are in God's DMs and the next day dismiss it as crackpottery?

If you are hearing or seeing things that lead you to believe God is speaking to you it could be a symptom of a serious underlying health condition or a temporary problem with your perceptions and you should probably seek medical advice.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling well.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I've had an epiphany:

More to follow…

Where did the epiphany come from?
Have you ever thought of just accepting one truth as presented and not tacking other things on to it (syncretism)?

I've had an epiphany:

More to follow…
Well that makes sense.