• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Amish and the Perfect Religion (s)

Ellen Brown

I was raised by an Amish man who hated the Amish, and a mother who hated her Lay Pastor/Father splinter group Mormon. Hence my very conservative and confused Theology.

The perfect religion might be a touch of Islam, where I am modest, and covered up. But even in Islam, women must be wary of men because some will do all they can and blame the woman.

Then there would be some Christianity added for the sake of Jesus the Christ, and his forgiveness for sins I did not commit. It seems clear that many of us try as hard as we can but make mistakes, some of them willful. Being made by a perfect God, why am I not perfect? I am as God made me.

Then assuming the Jews aren't being selfish, and nasty today, I'd like to have some of their knowledge and memory. They must have a time of it dealing with 600 and how many rules?

That's why no rules are best. Then we can hope that God will talk and guide us.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was raised by an Amish man who hated the Amish, and a mother who hated her Lay Pastor/Father splinter group Mormon. Hence my very conservative and confused Theology.

The perfect religion might be a touch of Islam, where I am modest, and covered up. But even in Islam, women must be wary of men because some will do all they can and blame the woman.

Then there would be some Christianity added for the sake of Jesus the Christ, and his forgiveness for sins I did not commit. It seems clear that many of us try as hard as we can but make mistakes, some of them willful. Being made by a perfect God, why am I not perfect? I am as God made me.

Then assuming the Jews aren't being selfish, and nasty today, I'd like to have some of their knowledge and memory. They must have a time of it dealing with 600 and how many rules?

You sound like you talk about Baha'i ;)

It was born out of Islam, just as Islam came from Christianity and Christianity from the Jewish belief. Thus it Has the One God of the Abrahamic line, with the scriptures, but without the doctrine made from scripture by the divines.

My search has found that;

Modesty in Dress is taught
Equality of men and women is taught
Forgiveness for each of us for our sins is taught, etc

Man needs rules or we have anarchy, it is up to us if we decide that the given rules are the best thing for us to follow.

I wish you always well, may peace be with you always.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

:) That is quite a potpourri. :) But your statement, IMO, is quite correct. Jesus just gave two rules that are basically a "no rules" guide. Love God and love your neighbor as yourself with grace (no rules) mixed in through all of it,

Perfection comes when we put off our body and then we will be like Him. But since grace abounds, perfect love keeps us.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

Hello. I agree with @AntonyBS that it sounds like you are describing the Baha'i faith in many ways. It is universal in outlook and seems to incorporate the best of all of the major (monotheistic) faiths.

Peace