• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Regime seizes tens of Shia Muslim websites

danieldemol

Premium Member
I'm curious when all the champions of free speech that usually come out of the woodwork whenever some American professor is being publically admonished for his bigotries are going to protest this suppression of political speech.
I'm personally opposed to the suppression of political dissent, even when it is lies.

That being said I'm not opposed to the suppression of hate speech, and it is possible pressTV was both.

What I would have happen ideally is for a court panel to examine the specific claims of the anti defamation league to determine if Press TV crossed that line.

But since the Iranian websites are not blocked I consider it doubtful that the opinions have been censored.

I guess its a question of does the US have the power to block the Iranian websites. If not then I think there is a case that the US has attempted to censor the Iranians and for the wrong reasons.

In my opinion.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
The US government, as a rule, does not suppress hate speech, however - they certainly do not actively suppress white supremacist hate speech, for example. So them being suddenly very very concerned with Iranian hate speech is... curious, don't you think? Certainly unusual, considering their previous approach to hate speech that they claim to be disapproving of.

Khudayar

Those with even basic familiarity of the downed webpages will immediately see that many of them have a lot less to do with political views and more with civilizational discourse.

For example, the UK-based Ahlul Bayt TV or the Iraqi Karbala TV do not carry much news about confronting America’s geopolitical agenda.

They are community channels, preaching religion primarily to those who already share their beliefs.

This is a clear sign that the US is losing the civilizational narrative.

Source: Biden regime’s crude censorship of Press TV and other channels

As I said before, it is not only Iranian news websites that were seized. Non-Iranian and non-news websites were seized as well. 33 websites in total. And it is a fact that American and British Regimes provide few extremists among Shia Muslims (i.e. akhbaris) with TV channels on which they promote self flagellation and other stuff. While they remove the TV channels of mainstream Shia Muslims (i.e. usoulis) off the air. This tells a lot that American-British regime only wants their people have bad images of Muslims in their minds. And the seizing of the news and political websites is that they don't want their nations know about the truth.

Khudayar

Here's a video of the Syrian Christians of the city of Qara.
They were attacked by ISIS and NUSRA. And the Lebanese Hizbullah went to Syria and fought against ISIS and protected these Christians with their lives.
And the Christians of Qara praise Hizbullah and say they are angels sent by God to save them while the so-called Evangelical Christians of the USA label Hizbullah as terrorists while praising, funding, arming FSA,NUSRA, and other Al-Qaeda organizations that keep changing names everyday.

But this video won't reach the westerners because the TV that broadcast it is removed from air by the American and its subserviant states satellites.