• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Am I the only one??

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
:coffee: How many members of my RF family have purposely drank a whole pot of coffee or more just to stay awake while babysitting or when you need to stay awake because you are the one taking people home really early the next morning (1AM to 3 AM)?

This is the second night I am doing this because I hate falling asleep while at someone elses house and having to be woken up to go home. I tend to get grumpy when I am woken from my sleep.

*ANNOUNCEMENT FOLLOWS* thought I would add that since I put this in Member Announcements. rofl

It worked out good for me though because today was my last day of Phase One of my treatment program for my Mental illness and Alcoholism recovery. I was hyper most of the day until I took the time to lay down earlier and slept for at least a half hour. Tomorrow morning I will be able to get some extra sleep because Phase Two (Relapse Prevention) is not until 1 to 2:30 PM. I want to be able to be fully awake and functional during my first day of this phase.

FBI:coffee:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
FyreBrigidIce said:
:coffee: How many members of my RF family have purposely drank a whole pot of coffee or more just to stay awake while babysitting or when you need to stay awake because you are the one taking people home really early the next morning (1AM to 3 AM)?

This is the second night I am doing this because I hate falling asleep while at someone elses house and having to be woken up to go home. I tend to get grumpy when I am woken from my sleep.

It worked out good for me though because today was my last day of Phase One of my treatment program for my Mental illness and Alcoholism recovery. I was hyper most of the day until I took the time to lay down earlier and slept for at least a half hour. Tomorrow morning I will be able to get some extra sleep because Phase Two (Relapse Prevention) is not until 1 to 2:30 PM. I want to be able to be fully awake and functional during my first day of this phase.

I've been known to down a pot of coffee to stay awake...normally the night before we go out of town.

I applaud you and extend warm wishes for you one your road of recovery. :hug:

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
Thank you very much.

I am in a much better place in my recovery now than I was about 2 months ago.

I realized that I was staying sober before then just to get a chip at AA meetings. I think that is why I relapsed 2 months ago. Now I know that I don't want to count the days because I go nuts and freak out at the thought of it. I now take it day by day and am proud of myself. Yesterday my hubby and I both had to go to DR's office. I came out with a prescription for the Z-Pac and Flexeril while hubby came out with a cough syrup with codeine in it and asked me if I wanted to take his instead. Once I saw the word Codeine I said "I can't take that, it has Codeine in it."

*patting self on back*

FBI

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
FyreBrigidIce said:
Thank you very much.

I am in a much better place in my recovery now than I was about 2 months ago.

I realized that I was staying sober before then just to get a chip at AA meetings. I think that is why I relapsed 2 months ago. Now I know that I don't want to count the days because I go nuts and freak out at the thought of it. I now take it day by day and am proud of myself. Yesterday my hubby and I both had to go to DR's office. I came out with a prescription for the Z-Pac and Flexeril while hubby came out with a cough syrup with codeine in it and asked me if I wanted to take his instead. Once I saw the word Codeine I said "I can't take that, it has Codeine in it."

*patting self on back*

FBI

You have much to be proud of. Continue to pat yourself on the back.

A

angellous_evangellous

I was up for over 24 hours last semester for a paper on Marcion. Incidentally, that was my first 24 hour day in my 13 year college career - and my professor only has one 24 night in her career - on the same topic!

2 pots of coffee and a few boxes of granola bars kept me going

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
FyreBrigidIce said:

*ANNOUNCEMENT FOLLOWS* thought I would add that since I put this in Member Announcements. rofl

I have to try not to have too much coffee; it isn't good for me. I am really sorry to hear that you need to have treatment for mental illness and alcoholism; join the clan!

Why do the two have to go hand in hand so often?.....well, I suppose the answer's obvious. If you want to talk it over by P.M, please feel free to do so; maybe I can suggest things you haven't tried (or vise versa)
</IMG></IMG>

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
michel,

That was actually the topic in Relapse Prevention today. How ironic.

Mental Health issues and Addictions go hand in hand because either one can be detrimental to the recovery process of the other. If one is very depressed they can relapse in their addiction. If one has relapsed with their addiction it can lead to the worsening of mental health especially because many times while in addiction relapse we stop taking our mental health meds because our brain tells us that we can self medicate ourselves with our drug of choice.

To keep the circle in a positive turn we must make sure that we recognize what our triggers are for both issues.

In my recovery I have to be open with everyone and not be afraid to share my experiences or what works for me.

Anyone who does wish to discuss it in private is more than welcome to PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

I can not guarantee a timely response because I am not using my own computer. I will be checking back here periodically tonight and possibly Monday night. It depends on if I have to babysit or not.

FBI