• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Altar to Set?

Aristocrap

Hello!
As I take my steps into the LHP and Setianism, I've thought about making an altar to Set. Now I'm not Kemetic per-say and this isn't the Setian forum obviously, but I figure you among this section may be able to help me with this better than anyone else. I believe having an altar would help me in my path and to commune with Set on a more personal level. I was wondering if anyone here has their own altar dedicated to Set. If so, what do you put on it? I just want to get an idea and inspiration for setting up my own.
Many thanks!

Humm. No suggestions?

Last edited:

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I am worship multiple Gods and Goddesses, so I don't have an altar dedicated to any specific one of Them. I usually set stuff up when I wish to work with a particular Deity. Set is a God that i worship so I hope I can help. Keep in mind, I am a Kemetic Wiccan so I interact with Deities in a different way than you probably do.

If you are stuck for what to use, try some of the following:

1) Statue of Set - A statue is a good focal point so that you can concentrate on a particular Deity when praying or calling upon Them. (See a pic of my Set statue below.)

2) Candle - A candle is often used when communicating with a Deity.

3) Incense - Certain scents of incense are pleasing to different Deities. I associate Patchouli with Set.

4) Offering bowl or platter - Make a place where you might set an offering to Set. Orange juice is said to be a beverage that He likes. It is also said that lettuce is His favorite food. You may also offer gold or other items of value to Him.

5) Magickal Symbols - A pentacle, pentagram, ankh, scarab beetle, or any other symbol that you may associate with your faith may be there. It can be carved or burned into the altar. It could be on an altar cloth. It can also be an actual item bearing the symbol(s) that you can move around as needed.

6) Anything else that feels right. You can always add items or take items away.

Pic of my statue of Set:

1843d1290977875-statues-set-8103.jpg

obsidian

Bilateral
Is an altar cohesive to Setianism?? I didn't think he was a viewed as an idol....

I'm even more surprised a seasoned Setian hasn't commented.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Just came across this thread. My Black Altar of Set consists of a table covered with black cloth up against the North wall, on either side of the altar are two Anubian statues kneeling and facing one another, each holding up a black candle. At the center of the altar is a statue of Set, and on the wall above the altar is mounted the inverse "Pentagram of Set". Between the two Anubis statues is a platform where is placed a can of sterno which represents the Setian Flame. I also have other statuary and implements on the altar that are significant to my own Subjective Universe.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\