• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All's Quiet on the Western Front.

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
I have never come across any satanists myself, though I do have a few friends who have studied it out of pure interest. lot of the tenants sounds reasonable. I particularly like Satanic statement number 7

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all![/FONT]

I've often said. "The most horrible machination of the human mind is it's ability to justify anything." I think that hovers around the same Idea.

I always felt that allot of people seemed self justified in anything they do no matter the consequences because they were human and there for better than all animals. So the destruction of entire environments was unconcerning. I don't think religions perpetuate this idea, but the moral majority seems very disinterested in anything but themselves until it's too late. So is it human nature to to focus on the self so much that be damned with consequences as long as they get what they want or is this a learned idea.

wednesday

Jesus
^ there is no proof that only humans do that. The only way we know we do is because we can communicate between ourselves and not with animal life forms yet. Humans are just more developed with more sophisticated technology to deal with everything else on this rock.

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
I seriously doubt that many animals recognize the self in such a manner. Dolphins are probably one of the few capable of empathy. I take the capacity of an animal to be empathetic into account before accountability of there actions towards another living organism. Humans on the other hand are quite capable of empathy and quite capable of coming to understand the possible destruction in the long term of there actions. Dolphins seem to be rather sympathetic and haven't in any noticeable way brought harm to the planet on the whole, so I don't think dolphins are going to be held accountable for anything in the foreseeable future. Man is both blessed and cursed for his mental capacity and until we get over our ego we are going to spiral down into a dark starved, diseased and depraved future.

wednesday

Jesus
^ Well said. As soon as we get over ourselves and our differences (especially what we think is right) the world could function again but we're human, we're greedy so were going to kill ourselves off eventually.

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
As soon as we get over ourselves and our differences (especially what we think is right) the world could function again but we're human, we're greedy so were going to kill ourselves off eventually.

Amen, either that or Yellowstone National Park will explode like scientists predict and do the world a favor and speed up human extinction. But I'm not holding my breath and so I think it'll be a long drawn out affair.

FFH

Veteran Member
Seems Satanists are one of the least politicaly active groups around, why you hear about secularists and christians bickering all the time. But maybe fundie christians have more to fear from secularists and there evil logic. Though one would think the fundie christians would be more proactive in trying to prevent satanism from spreading. So do satanists keep there beliefs hidden sticking to a label of just atheist/theist or do you experience conflict on a regular basis?
I think it has to do with the scripture in which Christ states, "I would rather you be hot or cold".

He goes on to say lukewarm people he spews out of his mouth.

At least Christ knows where we stand if we are either one or the other. Being on one end of the spectrum or the other, can help one gain a better understanding, of both extreme good and extreme evil..

There is nothing to gain by standing in the middle...

No experiences, either positive or negative, whereby one can learn from..

People in the middle fight with one another, those on either end of the spectrum sit on the sidelines, watching the c ock fights..

It's weird, I get good feelings from people like Danisty and yourself...

We never know who's going to be in heaven, when all is said and done..

wednesday

Jesus
At least Christ knows where we stand if we are either one or the other. Being on one end of the spectrum or the other, can help one gain a better understanding, of both extreme good and extreme evil..

There is nothing to gain by standing in the middle...

Who truelly knows whats good and evil these days, major religions commonly viewed as 'good' have done some pretty lousy things lately. More than ever Satanism is becomming an alternative path rather than an anti-god concept in my opinion.

lamplighter

Almighty Tallest
There are very few instances where things are black and white and I wish people would stop automatically assuming that someones title somehow signifies how educated, decent or, respectable a person actually is. I've met very insightful people who only have a high school diploma and I've met some pretty stubborn doctors who come off rather dumb to be honest. One case in this point is my father has bad allergic reactions to opiate based medicines and the doctor refused to believe that anyone can have allergic reactions to opiates despite my father's head blowing up like a balloon when he was prescribed morphine and going to the ER. Anyway too many put to much on titles and not enough on common sense. I think if more people had common sense people's rights wouldn't be threatened by Dogma in other peoples holy texts.

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
Really When I hear someone belongs to some kind of form to that. I laugh inside because I know that if I hurt their little feelings they will go compalin to some authority figure at my school and then I would have to hear a lecture about treating people right and what not. Through I shouldn't laugh because its quite sad at your stupidity.