• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aliens In The Bible.

IndigoStorm

The Christian bible is packed with references to aliens. And no, I’m only going to mention a single instance and this is why. Earthlings who believe in the biblical god and in the writings of the ancients that were later edited and compiled into book form by the church, usually are unable or refuse to “read between the lines” so to speak.

To the average “born again” or other Christian, if it’s in the bible its gospel. (No pun intended!) So when they read that some guy, women are mostly invisible in the bible, “ascended to heaven in a chariot and horses of fire” in their mind’s eye they picture a “Ben Hur” type roman chariot that’s on fire flying up into the sky.

Now I and other earthlings of a similar viewpoint read this and we look at it from another perspective. We go: “Okay, this description was no doubt written after the event that could have gone something like this …”

It’s a Sunday afternoon in Israel and two friends Shep, a sheep herder and Cy, a scribe are having a barbeque. Their wives Rachel and Hannah in inside the single story tent warming barley bread and making an olive, cheese and watercress salad. Outside Shep and Cy are standing around the fire grilling half a sheep and drinking wine.

Cy: “Hey Shep, you remember that chap Eli?

Shep: Yeah … nice friendly guy. Never has much to say. He’s real friendly with those foreigners.

Cy: The same. Well he’s gone you know. Taken.

Shep: Who took him? The cops?

Cy: No them … the foreigners. Some say they’re gods you know.

Shep: So tell me, what happened?

Cy: I spoke to Josh at the market yesterday and he told me. You know him?

Shep: Yeah he’s married to fat Benji’s sister. Plays the ram’s horn at the club on Saturday night. Knows all the gossip. So what he say about Eli then?

Cy: Well they took Eli away in that big plate shaped flying thing … the silver one they came here with last year.

Shep: Awesome man! The noisey thing that spits fire and smoke. So where’d they take Eli then?

Cy: Away … up there into the sky.

Shep: Wow! Cool. Pour us some more wine before the women come outside …

The next day Cy the scribe decides to write an account of what Shep told him last

night. He had quite a bit of wine to drink but he thinks he can remember everything.

Cy goes: “And Shep said that Josh told him Eli was taken up into heaven in a fiery chariot to live with the gods.

Personally I find this quite easy to believe, but then I just wrote it! Anyway, what we need to bear in mind is that the ancients knew little or nothing about our Universe. In fact the average pre-high school child today knows more about it than the wisest man who ever lived thousands of years ago did. So to anyone witnessing a space craft landing or taking off at that time, they would refer to it by the name of the only vehicle they knew … a chariot.

Unfortunately not many Christian earthlings are able to accept this theory and so because “the bible says so … it is so.”