• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Agree to use Logic

Bodyditch

I'll keep this short and Readable. :eat:
Logic is great, it allows people to solve problems, they take the facts that they have, use the revalent infomation and "Act" on it. Therefore problems Will occour when someone comes along who holds a different "understadning" of events.
So if someone sees a child drowning, most people will act to try to save that child, becuase as they see reaility, Nothing else will save that child. The problems occour when a "believer" comes along and sees that drowning child, they "might" pray to a higher power or believe it is something's will that this is happening. so you can imagine the different scenario's that could happen, so just imagine how the parents of that child would react to Logical persons reaction and the Believers reaction.
My point is, People Need logic to undersant things, Everything gets badly messed up if we allow Belief to override Logic. So I'll only agree to discuss Any topic, if Everyone agrees to use logic, you can have your "faith" and "Belief" i can't take it away and won't try, but I cannot discuss something if a party is not going to bne Rational and Make logical and understandable faith, basuace quite truthfully i'm sick of the excuse:
" It doesn't make Sense to you, because You can Never understand God"
Well maybe, just maybe:
"It doesn't make sense to You, Because You Refuse to see the Logic":disco:

evearael

Welcome to rf!
So I'll only agree to discuss Any topic, if Everyone agrees to use logic
As this is a religious forum, you may have some difficulty with this. Religion relies on faith, not logic. If you decide to use "IF Verse A and Verse B, THEN Conclusion C" that is certainly effective. But, it is impossible for religion to prove the existence of God, and it is impossible for science to disprove it. There are simply different methods for different fields.

mr.guy

crapsack
So I'll only agree to discuss Any topic, if Everyone agrees to use logic,
What precepts on logic do you require? I can't help but notice most demands for "logic" on this forum are limited by the proclaimer's personalized threshold. All blusters and cries for "rationality" ought to reminisce how rational Don Quixote was agreed upon to be.

I suppose we can't have a discussion using reason (something we can understand), without requiring logic (something measurable and defined.)?
It sounds to me like you've chosen logic as your own personal faith (something you have an "unshakeable" belief in).