• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Age of Consent

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
First, go here: http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

Now, what do you think? What should be the age of consent? Why? One thing that struck me is that most countries that do not have homosexuality listed as illegal mark male homosexuality as needing a higher age then female homosexuality (for instance, male-male relationship requires the age of 18, female-female relationship requires age of 14). Why do you think this is? Is it right? Should it be legal at all (in your opinion)?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I think 16 seems to be the average for most of the nations listed and i think 16 is a pretty good age. At that point most young people understand the repercussions of having sex. Honestly though young people are having sex earlier and earlier and i think America needs to come to grips with the concept of sexuality long enough to sit down and have a real conversation with their children about sex. I don't blame the lowering age of sexually active kids or the numbers of abortions on a "lack of morality". I blame parents who can't talk to their kids about an extremely important issue. Folks don't give your kids a book or pamplet and say "come to me if you have any questions" cause guess what, they don't come to you about what their going to wear to school why would they come to you when it comes to sex???:eek: Ya know who they are going to ask, the people they trust, their peers who don't have a clue either!

Sorry got off on a little rant there :D

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
What do you think about the disparity between the age of consent for male-male homosexuality and female-female homosexuality?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Druidus said:
What do you think about the disparity between the age of consent for male-male homosexuality and female-female homosexuality?
My guess is that it has to do with a need to keep male homosexuality down. In most societies Lesbianism is more accepted than Gay men.

huajiro

Druidus said:
First, go here: http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

Now, what do you think? What should be the age of consent? Why? One thing that struck me is that most countries that do not have homosexuality listed as illegal mark male homosexuality as needing a higher age then female homosexuality (for instance, male-male relationship requires the age of 18, female-female relationship requires age of 14). Why do you think this is? Is it right? Should it be legal at all (in your opinion)?
One, it is believed that women mature faster than mean mentally. Two, I think women are more likely to have a non-sexual relationship in the beginning, where as men are driven to be physical.