• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Affinity with animal, bird or reptile?

Knight of Albion

I'm reminded of Gandhi's opinion on this subject...

"I want to realize brotherhood or identity, not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl on earth. I want, if I want, if I don't give you a shock, to realize identity even with the crawling things upon earth, because we claim descent from the same God, and that being so, all life in whatever form it appears must essentially be one."

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
There's no 'herb in the pipe', just love in the heart...
Is this a code for something more radical? I get it. Say no more. ;)

I'm reminded of Gandhi's opinion on this subject...

"I want to realize brotherhood or identity, not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl on earth. I want, if I want, if I don't give you a shock, to realize identity even with the crawling things upon earth, because we claim descent from the same God, and that being so, all life in whatever form it appears must essentially be one."
Sounds like evolution. Only, a very weird and erotic way to promote the theory. Dawkins did a slightly better job during the 80's.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I would give anything to be able to "become more acquainted with deer." They are among the most incredibly beautiful creatures in the world, in my opinion.

They are basically forest rats.

But they are delicious. :D

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
This is a cool thread topic.

I have a few aspects of my personality by which I strongly relate to other animals.

The main one is felines. I relate to cats in general but especially the tiger or jaguar; tree dwelling and water loving, solitary etc..

Then there are the birds: vultures and corvids. Both have significance of transcending dualities, especially the vulture. I also relate to the intelligence and trickster nature of corvids; I enjoy screwing with people in generally harmless ways. When I was a kid, i would steal my friends stuff just for the sport of it and then return it to them later (sometimes I genuinely forgot and felt really guilty later on :D).

Also monkeys and apes. I've always loved trees and climbing them (I enjoy climbing anything) and i've always been very agile. That also reminds me that I relate to mountain goats/sheep a lot too, always loved rocks and climbing them too.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste
The main one is felines. I relate to cats in general but especially the tiger or jaguar; tree dwelling and water loving, solitary etc..

Astute observation, I often forget. Yes, a Tiger is a powerful Raj of the jungle, often thoughts come to mind of Sher hiding and observing us as we walk (with angst often) down a remote path through the jungle between distant villages, the eyes of the one with the yellow, orange and black hide watching from tall grass and perfectly blended into the mix of light and shadow. Yet this Raja is a true master in the Sundarbans of Bengal, a great swimmer! Many a boatman can attest to the power of this swimmer, but do not live to tell us.

It would not surprise me if a million years from now, the same tiger learns to fly short distances from tree to tree. If this beautiful Raja is still among us, let us pray.

You seem to have an affinity to the great cat. Certain martial art masters have learned their secrets from the animals. Perhaps you have an interesting mix of how to move the human left or right, up or down, by the way of the trickster and there is a bit of warrior in you?

You definetly love to be "up there looking down". Observation is the first, and greatest schema of a true tactician.

Om Namah Sivaya

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Namaste

Astute observation, I often forget. Yes, a Tiger is a powerful Raj of the jungle, often thoughts come to mind of Sher hiding and observing us as we walk (with angst often) down a remote path through the jungle between distant villages, the eyes of the one with the yellow, orange and black hide watching from tall grass and perfectly blended into the mix of light and shadow. Yet this Raja is a true master in the Sundarbans of Bengal, a great swimmer! Many a boatman can attest to the power of this swimmer, but do not live to tell us.

It would not surprise me if a million years from now, the same tiger learns to fly short distances from tree to tree. If this beautiful Raja is still among us, let us pray.

That sure would be something if tiger's could glide :D. That reminds me, in a related tangent, in south america, there are snakes that climb trees and then jump and glide by expanding their skeleton to become flat and broad.

You seem to have an affinity to the great cat. Certain martial art masters have learned their secrets from the animals. Perhaps you have an interesting mix of how to move the human left or right, up or down, by the way of the trickster and there is a bit of warrior in you?

You definetly love to be "up there looking down". Observation is the first, and greatest schema of a true tactician.

Om Namah Sivaya
I definitely have both the positive and negative personality traits of felines. My enjoyment of observation from higher ground (literally and metaphorically) is a good observation on your part! :D

I definitely have a warrior spirit to some degree, I like the idea of fighting just for the fun of it and I have a strong drive to defend people, also the idea of stalking and hunting, just for the thrill of the hunt is very alluring. If I watch combat in movies, it gets me worked up and I want to fight. Still waiting for the money to start practicing martial arts again. I would like to learn the animal themed styles in Chinese martial arts.

As far as the negative aspects, I definitely have that apparent judgmental superiority to other people when they do stupid things and I only want their attention when it pleases me :D