• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aesop's Fables Query

jointhedots

Hello everyone.
I am new to the forum, as I have a question I hope you could help me with.

I am a graphic design student and am currently designing book covers for existing literature. One of the books I have chosen in Aesop's Fables. Part of the development of my ideas asks me to question how different beliefs would interpret the imagery on my cover. This has led to think about what others religions (if any) use the teachings of the book, beside Christianity?

I hope question is clear enough to understand and really appreciate some of your views on this,
Will.

Warren Clark

Informer
Hello everyone.
I am new to the forum, as I have a question I hope you could help me with.

I am a graphic design student and am currently designing book covers for existing literature. One of the books I have chosen in Aesop's Fables. Part of the development of my ideas asks me to question how different beliefs would interpret the imagery on my cover. This has led to think about what others religions (if any) use the teachings of the book, beside Christianity?

I hope question is clear enough to understand and really appreciate some of your views on this,
Will.

As an atheist, I would most definitely use Aesop's Fables in teaching my children good moral standing.
It is probably the best non-religious text that can outright teach good behavior.

I might note that my mother brought me up Christian reading me these stories.