• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adolf Hitler

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
(Some of this has probably been mentioned)
What I know:
Hitler was an artist. The Swastika is not his idea, just the Nazi flag design.
He is NOT German. He is from Austria. He came from a modest upbringing, and allthough his grandparents weren't Jewish, many in the community he lived in were, and they picked on him.
Hitler had a fasination with Astrology.
Hitler was Catholic and regularly attended services.
He encouraged the use of amphetamines by his military. This gave his army the seemingly unstopable effect.
He developed Parkinsons later in life.
He allowed a middle eastern, Iraqi I believe, be a luetinant in the S.S., and lead his own Iraqi unit.

Fluffy

A fool
Essentially, Hitler took control of a great, civilized nation and caused it to be reduced to barbarity and rubble within a matter of about 10 years. Quite an accomplishment!

I think that "a great, civilised nation" is giving a huge amount of undeserved credit to the Weimar Republic. This was a country in major decline and Hitler did turn that around very effectively although I fully agree that by 1945 his success had turned into utter failure. However, it certainly was not a straight decline from glory to poverty under his rule. He was ruthless and not a very nice person at all but saying that the first half of his term in power was not a success is a bit like saying that Attilla the Hun couldn't figure out which end of his sword was pointy.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Sunstone said:
Well, he was a vegitatarian, a non-smoker, and had uncontrollable flatulence. Towards the end of his life, his doctor was loading him up on tranquillizers, so he was a druggie too. But aside from that, you might look into the paranoid psychotic angle. I think there's some evidence that he was one, although in all fairness, it's very difficult for psychologists to diagnose someone they've never met nor spent any time with.

Hitler was a great orator, he put Germans back to work in the Depression and he built the autobahn. Militarily, he was mostly a flop. Although he achieved strategic surprise on several occasions, such as when he invaded Russia, he was such a goof ball at most decisions that the British Secret Service decided not to attempt to assassinate him on the grounds that he was helping Germany loose the war.

Essentially, Hitler took control of a great, civilized nation and caused it to be reduced to barbarity and rubble within a matter of about 10 years. Quite an accomplishment!

I hope this gives you a few leads.

He also set his niece up in a nice apartment where he would go visit for a bit of incest. She committed suicide, no doubt because of this and being a near prisoner in her own apt.

There are rumours about Hitler's bad health near the end. It may be he was in the later stages of syphilis, or perhaps had Parkinson's. You can see on the later film clips that one of his hands shakes a fair bit.

Hm, what else? Oh yes...the German generals weren't so fond of Hitler either, because he made such rotten military decisions. I guess the German military had the same opinion as British intelligence.

Oh gee, how could I forget??? Hitler was sickly when he was small, and his father beat the snot out of him regularly, sometimes so bad he would've died if his mother hadn't tossed herself in the way. Talk about a textbook way to make a sociopath. :(

Also, there is some evidence that there was a concerted effort to wipe any record of Hitler's family history. Still, there is a little bit left, and it looks like he had a maternal great-grandfather named Solomon (I think that's the right relationship). Hm, a little Jewish ancestry in the guy who said it would pollute German bloodlines? Wow, what self-loathing the guy must've had, to reject his own ancestors like that.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Shadow Wolf said:
The Swastika is not his idea, just the Nazi flag design.
The swastika, it has been speculated, was a reverse version of a Zoroastrian symbol. I'm not sure that's been well proved, considering the bent cross symbology shows up in so many places (cf. quadrata circuli).

He is NOT German. He is from Austria.
Uh, he was a German, culturally speaking.

Hitler had a fasination with Astrology.
And the occult generally.

He developed Parkinsons later in life.

Some docs have said the symptoms of late stage syphilis are also consistent.

c0da

The swastika, it has been speculated, was a reverse version of a Zoroastrian symbol.

I think it may have originally been a Hindu symbol, the word swastika derving from the Sanskrit word svasti meaning "prosperity".

Booko

Deviled Hen
c0da2006 said:
I think it may have originally been a Hindu symbol, the word swastika derving from the Sanskrit word svasti meaning "prosperity".

fwiw, the symbol appears on columns of the Baha'i House of Worship north of Chicago. It's meant to represent Zoroasterianism. The symbols of all the major religions are represented there.

It's possible it was used earlier by the Hindus, or maybe that sanskrit was just the origin of the name for the symbol. There's a lot of overlap between Persia and northern India, religiously and culturally speaking. In this case, the Parsees were in all of that area.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
michel said:
There was even a song about it; the words of a popular tune during the war were " Hitler, has only got one ball; the other, is in the Albert Hall" (Albert Hall being Royal Albert Hall, a venue for music concerts).:biglaugh:

There was a popular marching song during WW II, sung to the tune of the Colonel Bogie march (Bridge Over the River Qwai song). It went something like:

Hitler, has only got one ball.
Goering, has two but they are small.
Himmler, has something sim'ler
And Dr Goebbles, has no balls at all...

Hitler was no real vegetarian. There were periods where he eschewed certain foods and meats.

I don't recall the specific event, but on the one occasion he witnessed the results of an SS massacre he became violently ill.
His nefarious work was done by proxy. He was no Heydrich

Booko

Deviled Hen
Seyorni said:
There was a popular marching song during WW II, sung to the tune of the Colonel Bogie march (Bridge Over the River Qwai song). It went something like:

Hitler, has only got one ball.
Goering, has two but they are small.
Himmler, has something sim'ler
And Dr Goebbles, has no balls at all...

Whistle while you work.
Hitler was a jerk.
Mussolini bit his weenie
Now it doesn't work.

Wiccan013

There is also something that people don't really know about Adolf Hitler.

He was a soldier in the German army in WWI but was discharged because of a near-fatal accident with mustard gas.

Ophiuchus

One of its heads seemed to have a mortal wound, but its mortal wound was healed, and the whole earth followed the beast with wonder.;)

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Shadow Wolf said:
He encouraged the use of amphetamines by his military. This gave his army the seemingly unstopable effect.

I haven't heard that before, do you have a source? (I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm generally interested :))

I'll offer what dregs I have left from my old History lessons:

• He was suspected of catching syphilis from a prostitute, quite possibly of Jewish heritage, during his 'artistic' years.
  • Almost all of his art was copied from earlier works. Often he squashed people in almost as an afterthought, instead choosing to focus on architecture and buildings.
  • He received the Iron Cross twice during WW1, yet was not promoted above the rank of Lance-Corporal.
  • Hitler doted on his mother (Who generally spoilt him rotten), yet loathed his father.

kai

ragamuffin
i read somewhere that he sent out agents to look for certain artifacts like the holy grail.the helega lance,even the ark of the covenent to help with the war effort.

lasthope

It is odd that I came across this topic tonight. A co-worker was just telling me today about a discussion his church group had this week. About a gentleman who was a friend of Hitler before his rise to power. Hitler loved the orchestra and this guy played the violin. Near the start of his rise, the german goverment went around and spoke to Hitlers "friends" and asked what they thought of him. The violinest stated "He's a little crazy and he can't hold his liquor". He was taken into custody and held in prison for 6 months. When Hitler heard about this, he had the violinest taken out of prison. If you would like to know more of this story, let em know and I will ask my co-worker to go over it with me again.