• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ADHD-like symptoms

MissAlice

I have trouble concentrating on my work and many other things for that matter such as reading. I was wondering if there were other methods that would help lessen this condition without the use of drugs.

It wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't get in the way of everything. I've been trying not to eat anything "bad for me" but I'm not sure if there's recommendations on what to avoid and what to indulge as far as ADHD is concerned. The racing thoughts are really what's driving me crazy.

Any help, suggestions, or advice would be of great help.

Thanks.

MissAlice

Have you tried any of the natural herbal supplements that are supposed to work for focus and stuff?

Like what?

I've tried D-3, Ginko Biloba, St John's Wort. I really don't believe in many of the herbs that're encapsulated in pills. I could be wrong or maybe it depends on the brand?

I have recently been taking mulitvitamins and been incorporating omega 3 in my diet which is suppose to help with concentration...or so I've been told.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I have trouble concentrating on my work and many other things for that matter such as reading. I was wondering if there were other methods that would help lessen this condition without the use of drugs.

It wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't get in the way of everything. I've been trying not to eat anything "bad for me" but I'm not sure if there's recommendations on what to avoid and what to indulge as far as ADHD is concerned. The racing thoughts are really what's driving me crazy.

Any help, suggestions, or advice would be of great help.

Thanks.

This may likely be caused by a lack of mental discipline and thus results in poor conditioning of which affects focus. Try counting mentally, and if stray thoughts enter and interfere, stop your count and start over again. Start by counting 1-10, 1-20, 1-30 respectively as you improve, and discipline yourself to do this daily. If you stick to this, there should be a noticeable improvement in focus and concentration over time, but like anything, it takes discipline and will power.

Physically, this helps the brain to form more neural connections thus making the exercise itself and its application in real life much easier with less interference and distraction.

-NM-

jsimms435

Like what?

I've tried D-3, Ginko Biloba, St John's Wort. I really don't believe in many of the herbs that're encapsulated in pills. I could be wrong or maybe it depends on the brand?

I have recently been taking mulitvitamins and been incorporating omega 3 in my diet which is suppose to help with concentration...or so I've been told.

I was curious if you had actually been diagnosed by a doctor with ADHD or if you diagnosis is your own thought about what you have? Several things can mimick ADHD such as head injuries and symptoms from concussions and things like that.