• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adelaide Uni Occult Club Canned

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Do they also have a morality police and separate men and women in classes along with a strictly enforced dress code?

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
I liked their response.

"Even if we did want to summon Satan, it's not against university or union policy to do so, so it's still not really grounds to reject us,"
Possibly the objection was a joke? I wouldn't put it past the club to have filed it themselves.

Veyl

That's bizarre, usually magic clubs are approved pretty swiftly once someone bothers to make one. Even see them on the high school level, sometimes.

Summoning Club

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Their registration was denied possibly due to a complaint saying that they might accidentally on purpose "summon Satan".

That's why when I was in high school, my friends and I kept our occult club a secret society. We were thereby able to get away with 'on purpose' summoning the Prince of Darkness and Cthulhu. From what I recall, the wind got strong that day.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
For those interested in occult rituals to summon Satan, there is the Compendium Rarissimum that gives a circle and seal for Satan, as well as the Testament of Solomon (although here the name is rendered Sathon)

S. Connolly also gives a general ritual for invoking demons using their sigils, including a sigil for Satan.

Satan is also summoned during the Abramelin Operation.

There are also a few different ways of summoning related demons like Lucifer, Belial, Beelzebub, Azazel, and Samael in a variety of different grimoires, but I have omitted them because they aren't always considered to be the same being as Satan. Each of these are more common, though, so the handful of mentions of genuinely summoning Satan are quite rare in occultism.