• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adam, Eve, and incest

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
100 original pairs: 100 original kinds. Hence, 100 different humankinds. Not all are brothers and sisters. Hence, we need 100 Jesus crucifixions to save all 100 humankinds. But God is having only one Jesus. Hence, there is only one humankind.
Imagine 1000 random humans from around the world. All genetically Homo sapiens. God creates them all at once. Boom! Problem solved.
For a "logic genius", you seem to struggle with pretty basic concepts.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, which is sort of my point.

I was explaining how weird and inconsistent it is for certain theists top say that we must believe in god because of logic but ignore logical when it is inconvenient for them.

I wouldn't use logic to come to any conclusions about how the world is made or how any god would operate because our knowledge is too limited.

I believe it is logical to receive the testimony of God that He created everything.

Muffled

Jesus in me
A clone is a copy. Not the result of sexual reproduction.
A population of clones will not last very long if left to themselves to produce new generations "the natural way".
Because the lack of genetic diversity is going to cause problems in off spring.

Clones aren't off spring. They are copies.

I believe it is more often the diversity that causes problems. A divergence from perfection when matched with itself becomes stronger.

For me, i don't understand how certain believers can say that nothing can come from nothing, yet don't make the logical link then that if God was alone in existence before creation then he had to get the material for creation from somewhere. He couldn't make something out of nothing as nothing comes from nothing.

In that case everything comes actually from God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Your beliefs don't match the facts of reality.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with that.

Some people are born with a weak heart. That is diverse from perfection because a perfect person would have a strong heart. Match up two people with that same genetic weakness and the weakness becomes stronger.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Some people are born with a weak heart. That is diverse from perfection because a perfect person would have a strong heart. Match up two people with that same genetic weakness and the weakness becomes stronger.
So what? And a "perfect heart" is undefined and may be impossible to ever have. Guess what happens if a person has an imperfect heart vs. someone with a perfect heart? Which one is more likely to get the hot babe? Nature can be cruel. Those that are better adapted to their particular environment are more likely to pass on their genes. The ones that are less well adapted, having a weak heart in an environment where a strong heart is needed, are less likely to pass on their genes. No God needed.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Ow. So you don't understand what diversity means in context of biology or genetics?
You think diversity implies "weaknesses"? Nonsense, off course.

Here's something for you to chew on:
Imagine the "perfect" man and woman. Whatever that means.

Now clone that "perfect" breeding pair 3.5 billion times and replace all "imperfect" current humans with that population.

The result will be guaranteed extinction within a couple generations due to the extra-ordinary lack of genetic diversity.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So what? And a "perfect heart" is undefined and may be impossible to ever have. Guess what happens if a person has an imperfect heart vs. someone with a perfect heart? Which one is more likely to get the hot babe? Nature can be cruel. Those that are better adapted to their particular environment are more likely to pass on their genes. The ones that are less well adapted, having a weak heart in an environment where a strong heart is needed, are less likely to pass on their genes. No God needed.

I believe that is not how our world works. Un-adapted people have babies all the time.

I believe God decides which sperm attaches to which egg.

I believe the Adam & Eve situation still applies. Two perfect people will produce perfect children.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Ow. So you don't understand what diversity means in context of biology or genetics?
You think diversity implies "weaknesses"? Nonsense, off course.

Here's something for you to chew on:
Imagine the "perfect" man and woman. Whatever that means.

Now clone that "perfect" breeding pair 3.5 billion times and replace all "imperfect" current humans with that population.

The result will be guaranteed extinction within a couple generations due to the extra-ordinary lack of genetic diversity.

I believe I fail to see an explanation of why a lack of diversity causes extinction. The Neanderthals weren't diverse enough or were they just not perfect.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe that is not how our world works. Un-adapted people have babies all the time.

I believe God decides which sperm attaches to which egg.

I believe the Adam & Eve situation still applies. Two perfect people will produce perfect children.
So what? Beliefs don't help you. I believe that God wants us to drink beer and eat spaghetti and meatballs on Friday.

We can show that there never were only two people. There is only no scientific evidence for Adam and Eve.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I believe I fail to see an explanation of why a lack of diversity causes extinction.

Obviously. If you would inform yourself on the topic, you would understand though.

The reason is the same for why incest is a bad idea.
It inevitably will cause genetic problems in off spring. The problem with incest, is lack of genetic diversity.

The Neanderthals weren't diverse enough or were they just not perfect.

ow boy

Please.... read up on this topic.
You have no clue.