• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Accountability

Tmac

There are many interesting things for consideration here, but at this point I feel I must ask - where does this line of questioning intersect with theology?

Does not everything "intersect" with theology?

The point is, it appears as though each is born into a pre-existing existence, which nurtures, educates and indoctrinates. Problems occur when the uniqueness of individuals conflict, the rules of conflict are not clear, is there a no tread zone? We can say "God says" till the cows come home but not until we say it will it be clear to all.

There use to be a show on HBO called Deadwood, in one episode two teenage hustlers came into town. In other towns when they would be discovered, their age was a mitigating factor which they learned to play on but not in Deadwood. The rules of the road were clear.

I'll never forget when I learned that no doesn't always mean no.