• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Accepting Jesus Christ as Lord, Syncretism and relationship

Howdy ho!

At this point I may as well call myself Syncretism cat.

Recently I was meditating and praying as is my usual activity. Sometimes I mix up which form of God I focus on though usually it is Kali, Shiva, Waheguru etc. This time I decided to use Christ as the center focus and use the chant “Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have mercy on me a sinner.”

To start this prayer, I said aloud that I accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. I was immediately very relaxed and felt ways of pleasure go through my body as I began the chant and did all that. Honestly at this point I have little spiritual visions and experiences quite often, so this did not particularly stand out to me. I have had much more intense experiences with MaKali, among others.

Either way it got me thinking about Jesus and lately I have been reading my bible quite a bit. I made a few videos about Jesus and whether I thought Muhammad was a prophet on my YouTube channel and it has been a lot of fun. Lately I have been more focused on the early church and the works of Bart Ehrman.

I thought I would share all of this with you all and ask a question. What does it mean to have a relationship with Jesus Christ? Do you think you can have a relationship with Jesus Christ while also having a relationship with other forms of divinity?

For me personally I think that any form of divinity you choose to embrace or any lack of divinity you choose to embrace is fine. I think the divine is incredibly open to us and we can see it unfold in numerous diverse ways. I understand some folks are not down with syncretism, but I have found a good deal of value in studying multiple traditions at once both academically and spiritually.

Hi DharmaCatLamp and thanks for your question. I have a marvelous relationship with Jesus even though I'm a witch. I don't think there should be any shame or guilt in a deity you follow or call upon, I think the important thing to remember is to feel happy and safe with the Deity you work with.

There were times in my life where I would go to a Christian themed church in the morning and later at night go to a Wiccan Coven Gathering. I never felt like I was doing anything wrong because my intentions were good. I never meant to mock religion or disrespect people's belief. I just wanted to spend times with friends and family from both Faiths and celebrate life with the people I love.

Looking back at what I did may seem a little strange at the time, but those were the best times of my life and I wouldn't have changed a thing about the wonderful experiences I had from either Faith!

Brian2

Veteran Member
Howdy ho!

At this point I may as well call myself Syncretism cat.

Recently I was meditating and praying as is my usual activity. Sometimes I mix up which form of God I focus on though usually it is Kali, Shiva, Waheguru etc. This time I decided to use Christ as the center focus and use the chant “Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have mercy on me a sinner.”

To start this prayer, I said aloud that I accepted Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. I was immediately very relaxed and felt ways of pleasure go through my body as I began the chant and did all that. Honestly at this point I have little spiritual visions and experiences quite often, so this did not particularly stand out to me. I have had much more intense experiences with MaKali, among others.

Either way it got me thinking about Jesus and lately I have been reading my bible quite a bit. I made a few videos about Jesus and whether I thought Muhammad was a prophet on my YouTube channel and it has been a lot of fun. Lately I have been more focused on the early church and the works of Bart Ehrman.

I thought I would share all of this with you all and ask a question. What does it mean to have a relationship with Jesus Christ? Do you think you can have a relationship with Jesus Christ while also having a relationship with other forms of divinity?

For me personally I think that any form of divinity you choose to embrace or any lack of divinity you choose to embrace is fine. I think the divine is incredibly open to us and we can see it unfold in numerous diverse ways. I understand some folks are not down with syncretism, but I have found a good deal of value in studying multiple traditions at once both academically and spiritually.

People usually have a journey before arriving at the truth. I remember chanting Hare Krishna while still saying I was a Christian. I now know that it is Jesus who is the Way the Truth and the Life and my Lord above all others.