• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Academic sources

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Hello everyone,
I'm working on a thing here on the forum and I thought it would be only fair for you people to get to participate. In short, I'm looking for academic studies on LHP -- not Satanism nor any particular faith, but a broader view of the path in general. They're very hard to come by, but what better place to come looking for them.

I don't have access to US libraries, so I'm going to have to ask for digital content only. Send me a link here in the thread or by PM, if you're more comfortable with that. Thank you in advance! :)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The Morning of the Magicians by Louis Pauwels and Jacques Bergier, an interesting study and look into the many myths and legends of everything from the Philosopher's Stone to the Nine Unknown, the Awakened Man, to even the Black Knights of the SS. Chock full of interesting analysis of the occult and the metaphysical.

Liu

If academic literature specifically on Satanism is welcome, too, I might take a look at my collection whether I have something worthwhile to recommend. But on LHP in general is pretty rare.

How much does this cost?
Content on that website is normally free to download; you just need to make an account.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
If academic literature specifically on Satanism is welcome, too, I might take a look at my collection whether I have something worthwhile to recommend. But on LHP in general is pretty rare.

Content on that website is normally free to download; you just need to make an account.

Perfect thanks!

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
The problem is that, no matter how much some users kick and scream, the LHP as practiced by most of us is extremely modern. From an academic perspective it's all Satanism or the satanic milieu. The Invention of Satanism was by far the best text I read on this modern left hand path, which I linked above, going from stuff like romantic Satanism to past the ToS. The only other great work I read on the LHP as a whole was Flowers' Lords of the LHP, which often was far too brief due the massive undertaking it was.

Ahanit

Online Ressources are very special, What languages are you able to read? I have some PDF but 90% German.

You can look through sacred texts they have many texts and paths most RHP but looking through you can find some interesting goodies.
Show also into the Bibliothek of OTO Websites most work of Crowley is available there.

I had a good site about Alchemie (Really usable for LHP) But I can not find it anymore, I will give it to you when I found.....

But Equal what else, there are two works sensful to look at, when you really want a deep view of the LHP it as the Abramelin and the Liber Samekh ... Read them well and with the basic in the Hand that "A word of another is an Affront to the self" ;) There you can get deep insights into the Path and into the demonology of the Self and the environment :)

What Else? I look through my PDF maybe I have some English LHP I allowed to share.