• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Abraham failed the test.

Brian2

Veteran Member
No.

But go ye and learn what [that] meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Matthew 9:13

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6

For a start that was talking about the sacrificial law, the burnt offerings, which Jesus came to do away with through one sacrifice of Himself.

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

John 13:6 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”
7 Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”
8 “No,” said Peter, “you shall never wash my feet.”
Jesus answered, “Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.”

Jesus calls sinners to accept His sacrifice and be forgiven and be cleansed.
We know God by knowing Jesus and we get to know Jesus by accepting Him into our lives to live in us and change us to be like Him.

Ebionite

For a start that was talking about the sacrificial law, the burnt offerings, which Jesus came to do away with through one sacrifice of Himself.
No, knowledge and sacrifice are different things. "the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings"

He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

The wicked [shall be] a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.
Proverbs 21:18

For Mark 10:45 to be meaningful there must have been another son of man.

El [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Numbers 23:19

Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
Matthew 27:3

Brian2

Veteran Member
No, knowledge and sacrifice are different things. "the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings"

He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11

Jesus does provide us with the knowledge of Elohim and eternal life is knowing the Son and the Father. (John 17:3), but how does the servant of Isa 53 "bear their iniquities"?

The wicked [shall be] a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.
Proverbs 21:18

That has nothing to do with Jesus but shows what might happen in society, it would ransom good people with worthless people.

For Mark 10:45 to be meaningful there must have been another son of man.

LOL

Ebionite

Jesus does provide us with the knowledge of Elohim and eternal life is knowing the Son and the Father. (John 17:3), but how does the servant of Isa 53 "bear their iniquities"?

There's more context about the righteous servant in Psalm 35. The false accusations against him relate to the endorsement of Rome, so the iniquity would relate to the Roman church using him as part of their doctrine.

False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge [things] that I knew not.
Psalms 35:11

Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let YHWH be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Psalms 35:27

And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Matthew 20:27-28

That has nothing to do with Jesus but shows what might happen in society, it would ransom good people with worthless people.
It relates to Jesus because of the ransom, the lion, and the saviour:

I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.
Hosea 13:14

Therefore I will be unto them as a lion: as a leopard by the way will I observe [them]:
Hosea 13:7

Yet I [am] YHWH thy Elah from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for [there is] no saviour beside me.
Hosea 13:4

For I [will be] unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, [even] I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue [him].
Hosea 5:14

After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
Hosea 6:2

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of Elohim more than burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6

It connects to the fulfilment of prophecy:

Men [and] brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
Acts 1:16 -> Psalm 69, 109

But [this cometh to pass], that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
John 15:25 -> Psalm 69, 109, 35

idea

Question Everything
If Christians actually loved Jesus, they would refuse to let Jesus feel their pain.

If Abraham was a loving just parent, he would refuse to kill his son.

Fish love - have you listened to the rabbi who talked about fish love? Do you love fish? Why yes, I love how they taste, I love the sound they make when they sizzle on the frying pan, I love the smell of their burning flesh - I love fish -

Its fish love... little fish on cars, thats what I see, people who celebrate death, people who push their sins on others.

Sheep have more to fear from shepherd than wolves. Its the shepherd that kills them in the end.