• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Visit from the Reform Jews

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Hey Dudes, what's happening over here in the Messianic sub ?

I am a reform Jew. How do you guys feel about that denomination ?

Do all Messianic Jews believe Jesus was the Messiah ? Or do any believe the Messiah is still to come ? Is there any difference between a Messianic Jew and a "Christian" ?

Are Messianic Jews a broader group than Jews for Jesus ? Or are you the same ?

What are your thoughts about prosthelytizing ? Is it ok for me to try to convince you to convert to reform Judaism ? How much do you know about reform Judaism ? Any interest in interfaith dialogue ?

Any thoughts about the Bar Kochba revolt ?

What do you think about "Cultural Judaism" ? Anyone care for Corned Beef or Pastrami ? Knishes ? Debbie Friedman ?

Have a great day !

Last edited:
This is a DIR section so I don't know if it's appropriate to ask if it's ok for you to ask about about MJ knowledge of reform Judaism or you 'prosthelytizing' ... and no MJ does not automatically mean posters are JFJ ... I'm not Xian or trinitarian or Pauline or JFJ ... I worship Yahovah only ... Who is NOT a man ... while Jesus was a man and not God. I follow Karaite Judaism to best of my ability.
I have corned beef in the fridge & would be happy to share it with you if you are in rural Australia at present :)
You have a great day too!

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
This is a DIR section so I don't know if it's appropriate to ask if it's ok for you to ask about about MJ knowledge of reform Judaism or you 'prosthelytizing'!

Respectul questions are permitted in the DIR. Do you prostheletyze ?

... and no MJ does not automatically mean posters are JFJ ... I'm not Xian or trinitarian or Pauline or JFJ ... I worship Yahovah only ... Who is NOT a man ... while Jesus was a man and not God. I follow Karaite Judaism to best of my ability.

Are you a JW ? What are the similarities / difference between Yahovah and Jesus ?

I have corned beef in the fridge & would be happy to share it with you if you are in rural Australia at present :)
You have a great day too!

Yummy, lets wash it down with some of that nice Aussie wine :).

Respectul questions are permitted in the DIR. Do you prostheletyze ?
No, I don't prostheletyze.
I sometimes share my perspective so others know where I'm coming from and take that into account eg avoiding xmas or pork or xian churches etc

Are you a JW ?
No I'm not a JW.

What are the similarities / difference between Yahovah and Jesus ?
The similarities/differences that exist between Yahovah and Jesus are the same similarities/differences that exist between Yahovah and Moses. God is definitely not a man while Moses and Jesus are definitely men. God is a Spirit. Both Moses and Jesus were filled with the Spirit of God and spoke God's Words and acted on God's behalf as God's authorized human agents.

Yummy, lets wash it down with some of that nice Aussie wine :).
Sounds good :)
It's summer/fire-season here so for refreshment on really hot days I also have some nice cold 'light' Aussie beer in the fridge we can enjoy too :)
Serious question ... is light cold beer kosher or what is an acceptable substitute?
cheers :)