• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Theist Concept

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
In both the spelling and application - We all have room to grow on, it's just different in the area's we need to grow, given our differences and all .

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
In both the spelling and application - We all have room to grow on, it's just different in the area's we need to grow, given our differences and all .

Which areas do you feel the theist needs to grow? How about the atheist?

Bathos Logos

Humor must not be a strong suit- unless you're being humorous, in which case I bid you a welcome to my "A 'theist' concept thread."
So this was supposed to be funny, I take it? And would the comical part be the initial "a theist" versus "atheist" juxtaposition you made in asking what the difference is, and answering that it is "only space"? Or is the really humorous part that you feel that it will just take some "growing" for either the theist to "grow" to a point where they have no differences from an atheist, or for the atheist to "grow" to a point that they have no differences from a theist? What kind of "growth" are we talking here? **please don't say "spiritual"... please don't say "spiritual"**

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night to be sharp enough to catch the joke. :shrug:

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
So this was supposed to be funny, I take it? And would the comical part be the initial "a theist" versus "atheist" juxtaposition you made in asking what the difference is, and answering that it is "only space"? Or is the really humorous part that you feel that it will just take some "growing" for either the theist to "grow" to a point where they have no differences from an atheist, or for the atheist to "grow" to a point that they have no differences from a theist? What kind of "growth" are we talking here? **please don't say "spiritual"... please don't say "spiritual"**
Intellectual growth should suffice - Its all the same anyway, which I don't necessary find ironic. I'd suggest you understand the concept.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Fact is not always humerous. And mocking atheiem (or theism) is not usually funny.

Nor is this post in the jokes forum. Perhaps aod can move it for you

Perhaps, but then the full purpose would be negated. The differences are in both space, and where we're able to grow - within the space left for us to grow on.

To be more on point, there is no difference. The only difference is in how we finite and fallible people understand the data we have at our table to grow from.

If this, to you, is about the terms God or deity only. then I'd suggest there is room to grow from that standpoint, and in relation to those terms, their implications, and meaning, as well as how they apply to "you", given your stance is "none exist" in atheistic thought. I'll disagree, although a common atheistic view is one less God than the common theist.

Bathos Logos

Intellectual growth should suffice - Its all the same anyway, which I don't necessary find ironic. I'd suggest you understand the concept.
I have to say - I am not exactly sure what the "concept" is that you're referring to here. The concept that "intellectual growth" is "all the same anyway" with regard to "spiritual growth"? Not sure I can get on board there, to be honest, given the nebulous definition of the word "spiritual". Or is the concept some form of this "a theist versus theist" thing you're doing in this thread?

Regarding the word "spiritual" I have literally been told it means "things that uplift one" or "things that progress one on a particular moral path". So, I can't really equate those to intellectual gains. Unless you have some other definition(s) of the word "spiritual". Again, given the extremely nebulous state of that particular word, it would not surprise me in the least if you had.

Finally, just out of curiosity, can you state, definitively, that you wouldn't have replied with "spiritually" had I not specifically called that out and implicitly demonstrated that it would be a very biased opinion, indeed, on how those two particular groups needed to grow?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Perhaps, but then the full purpose would be negated. The differences are in both space, and where we're able to grow - within the space left for us to grow on.

To be more on point, there is no difference. The only difference is in how we finite and fallible people understand the data we have at our table to grow from.

If this, to you, is about the terms God or deity only. then I'd suggest there is room to grow from that standpoint, and in relation to those terms, their implications, and meaning, as well as how they apply to "you", given your stance is "none exist" in atheistic thought. I'll disagree, although a common atheistic view is one less God than the common theist.

I did not write the definition of atheist

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I have to say - I am not exactly sure what the "concept" is that you're referring to here. The concept that "intellectual growth" is "all the same anyway" with regard to "spiritual growth"? Not sure I can get on board there, to be honest, given the nebulous definition of the word "spiritual". Or is the concept some form of this "a theist versus theist" thing you're doing in this thread?

Regarding the word "spiritual" I have literally been told it means "things that uplift one" or "things that progress one on a particular moral path". So, I can't really equate those to intellectual gains. Unless you have some other definition(s) of the word "spiritual". Again, given the extremely nebulous state of that particular word, it would not surprise me in the least if you had.

Finally, just out of curiosity, can you state, definitively, that you wouldn't have replied with "spiritually" had I not specifically called that out and implicitly demonstrated that it would be a very biased opinion, indeed, on how those two particular groups needed to grow?

I learned a new definition for the term rauch,, otherwise known as spirit, mind, breath, wind, etc. It connotes a stirring of something. From things to thought to the way we feel. From which we inevitable learn and develop, both mentally and emotionally.

The concept alluded to in this thread is not reserved for atheists or for theist, but rather applies to both. The only difference, again, is the space we're able to grow on and I would likewise suggest from.

I can learn from you. You can learn from me. That's the gist - I'm a theist. I'm an atheist. I'm human. Terms and their implications seem insurmountable territory sometimes. God, the universe ...

...outer space, the knowable, objective aspects of it, and how we understand them as finite and fallible beings the point of the thread.