• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A source of comfort

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Besides music, there's a secondary thing that brings me comfort. Some people might think I'm about to say 'playing video games', but their repetitive nature isn't always the best to play when stressed. Sometimes.

No, I'm talking about anime. It's fun to get to understand the characters and their unfolding story arcs.

I actually prefer G rated anime. Even PG13 anime can contain some elements that are pretty controversial.

My two favorite animes ever though are Sonic X and Mega Man.

MV5BNTM2ZjhkYTUtM2JjMC00ZjczLTgyZDQtYzNkYmVmMjlkZDFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

Now, for some music to end the OP, how about something schizophrenic from Offspring?:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Its interesting to see how entertainment peddles ideas to Japanese people and explores philosophical topics. Some of it is actually difficult to understand despite translation. Then they have cartoons that explore western ideas and culture, and that's interesting or which mix western and traditional or which contrast them. There are a lot of angles to it. Often everything is beautifully and interestingly illustrated. A lot of anime is characterized by uncertainty. Everyone is living in uncertainty. They aren't sure what is going on, and there are tectonic events all the time. What they used to know is over.