• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Simple Idea

Uberpod

The Old Testament is Classic Coke, the New Testament is New Coke, and Islam is Pepsi. All inter-religious strife is about brand loyalty - plain and simple.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
The Old Testament is Classic Coke, the New Testament is New Coke, and Islam is Pepsi. All inter-religious strife is about brand loyalty - plain and simple.
If "brand loyalty" is the only difference between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, "simple" isn't the word I'd choose to describe this idea.

There's a world of difference between how those religions understand the nature of God, the role and nature of evil, Divine reward and punishment, the nature of man......
It's far more than just picking the one you think tastes best with rum.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
What are you complaining about, he's equating the Jews with the best flavour.

Uberpod

If "brand loyalty" is the only difference between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, "simple" isn't the word I'd choose to describe this idea.

There's a world of difference between how those religions understand the nature of God, the role and nature of evil, Divine reward and punishment, the nature of man......
There is no difference between Islam and Christianity. They taste the same to me. Judaism is a little more palatable but it isn't a fruit smoothie by any means.

Each have a very weird after taste.

Satanism is the world's Spiciest Hot Sauce from HELL!!! :p

51HFyUZcBsL._AC_UL320_SR214,320_.jpg

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
There is no difference between Islam and Christianity. They taste the same to me. Judaism is a little more palatable but it isn't a fruit smoothie by any means.

Each have a very weird after taste.

If you really think there's no difference between the two, then I'd suggest using your brain for more than silly metaphors.

What are you complaining about, he's equating the Jews with the best flavour.
And that's supposed to mean something?

gsa

To believers. From an outsider's perspectives, their points of commonality usually overshadow the small points of disagreement. So while the points of disagreement are very important to consumers of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, an outsider is fairly comfortable with the description "Abrahamic." Similarly, "cola" can be used for various Pepsi and Coke products.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
To believers. From an outsider's perspectives, their points of commonality usually overshadow the small points of disagreement. So while the points of disagreement are very important to consumers of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, an outsider is fairly comfortable with the description "Abrahamic." Similarly, "cola" can be used for various Pepsi and Coke products.
I think you're using far too broad a brush. In my years here I've conversed with many non-believers, and quite a few of them knew far more about religion than practitioners.

If anyone here, "believer" or not, honestly sees no difference between those three religions, they should indulge in a health dose of research to remedy their ignorance.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Very well said.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
To believers. From an outsider's perspectives, their points of commonality usually overshadow the small points of disagreement
That is little more than sloppy selection bias from someone who is, I suspect, functionally ignorant when it comes to Judaism at least.