• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Scriptural Discussion

2ndpillar

The breath of life is not the blood. No one ate meat before the flood of Noahs day. Genesis 9:3- neither did the animals. And when Gods kingdom comes and earth is transformed into a paradise, no meat will be eaten by man or animals. Isaiah 11:7

Now now, Isaiah 11:7 is about babies playing with cobras, and lions changing their diet, not man changing his diet. Are you a disciple of the church of Bill Gates? In the kingdom, the priest will be rededicated to make offerings and pots will be holy to the LORD (Zechariah 14:20-21) & (Malichi 3:1-4). The breath of life is in the blood, and that is why you are not supposed to eat the blood. Of course, if you are a disciple of Paul, you can eat anything, although Paul apparently told James he would proscribe not consuming the blood, or worshipping idols. I think he later decided there were no such things as idols, and you could eat whatever you please. But if you are your own god, why not?

alex2165

2 different words used because they are different. The bible says the soul is in the blood. Worshipping in spirit means wholeheartedly.
"Breath of Life" - Breath of Life means that a man received a part of the life giving Spirit of GOD, which distinguishes man by his spirit from other living creatures of the Earth. Such life giving Breath of GOD became life giving spirit only in mankind, and it derived from the Hebrew word "ruach" (רדח) and elsewhere translated as "spirit."

Reference in Hebrew. Key Study Bible - (5315).

~Animals also have souls, in Hebrew called as nephesh (נכש) which expresses life and vitality. See Deuteronomy 12.23, where word "life" is from the same Hebrew word "nephesh".

Reference in Hebrew. Key Study Bible - (7307).

~The tern "soul" has been used in a variety of senses by different writers in the Bible. The Old Testament Hebrew word is nephesh (5315. KSB) which means "that which breaths." It corresponds to the Greek word psuche (5590. KSB) in the New Testament, which is usually translated "soul" or "life." Here it used synonymously with spirit. Both spirit and soul refer to the emotional life and also correspond to "heart" in a sense, which is the seat of all thinking, feeling, and purpose. "Soul" and "spirit" are frequently used interchangeably, and it is not easy to define the difference.

The Greek concept of man was tripartite (1Thessalonians 5.23). Broadly defined, the soul usually stood for life, the affection, the will, the consciousness, while the spirit stood for the higher elements by which we comprehend spiritual truth, and the body was, of course, the physical, material body. The author of Hebrews implied that there is a very fine line of distinction between soul and spirit (Hebrew 4.12).

KSB, Spiros Zodhiates. P-4.

In this sense Greeks had been very close to distinguish two different parts of the same soul-spirit matrix of men. It means that man with soul is a man of this world for whom GOD do not exist and who lives according to the laws of the world.

A man with the spirit is a spiritual man who believes in GOD and follows Him. So the ordinary soul (the energy of life given by GOD) of such man was transform to a spiritual status because of his faith in GOD, and a soul of a man was transformed to a spirit - and he became a spiritual man. This is why it said that GOD is the Spirit and must be worship in spirit, because worship of GOD can come only from the heart-soul-spirit of spiritual man.

You wrote:

"The bible says the soul is in the blood. Worshipping in spirit means wholeheartedly."

Here you are absolutely right. Soul of living things in their blood, and worship of GOD must be done wholeheartedly, means from your spirit, if you are a spiritual man.

alex2165

2 different words used because they are different. The bible says the soul is in the blood. Worshipping in spirit means wholeheartedly.
You wrote:

"2 different words used because they are different."

Words is different but they indicate the same thing. You can call your car as automobile, vehicle, or transportation, but it does no mean that you have three different cars.

You may have first name, middle name, and the last name, but it does not mean that you represent yourself in three different persons.

Bible does the same thing, it uses a figure of speech, and may naming a single thing by number of different names.

There is no difference between such words as spirit, soul, and heart, all these three words indicate SPIRIT, whatever its a Spirit of GOD or a human being.

For example:

Deuteronomy 2.30

30.But Sihon king of Heshbon was not willing for us to pass through his land, the Lord your GOD hardened his spirit and made his heart obstinate, in order to deliver him into your hand, as he is today.

Of course GOD cannot make a physical heart obstinate because it is a physical pump, but word "heart" under this context means spirit-soul, and repeated twice in this sentence using a different word.

Another example:

Isaiah 42.1

1."Here is My Servant Whom I uphold, My chosen, in Whom My Soul delights, I have put My Spirit upon Him, He will bring forth justice to the nations."

Does GOD have the Soul and the Spirit, of course not, it is the same thing, the Spirit of GOD, but expressed in two different words.

Isaiah 57.15-16

15.Thus says the High and Lofty One, Who inhabit eternity, Whose name is Holy, "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with those who are contrite (sorry, remorseful) and humble in spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite.

16.I will not continually accuse nor will I always be angry then the spirits would grow faint before Me, even the souls that I have made."

And here all three: Spirit, Heart, and Soul, all are mentioned together, all of which refer to the soul-spirit of men.

Deuteronomy 6.5

5.And you shall love the Lord your GOD with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might (Deuteronomy 30.2.6.10.16.20) (Matthew 22.37-40) (Mark 12.29-31) (Luke 10.27)

How you can love with physical heart? Is you heart is not your soul-spirit?

kjw47

Now now, Isaiah 11:7 is about babies playing with cobras, and lions changing their diet, not man changing his diet. Are you a disciple of the church of Bill Gates? In the kingdom, the priest will be rededicated to make offerings and pots will be holy to the LORD (Zechariah 14:20-21) & (Malichi 3:1-4). The breath of life is in the blood, and that is why you are not supposed to eat the blood. Of course, if you are a disciple of Paul, you can eat anything, although Paul apparently told James he would proscribe not consuming the blood, or worshipping idols. I think he later decided there were no such things as idols, and you could eat whatever you please. But if you are your own god, why not?

Actually the NT states--Abstain from blood Acts15:20, Acts 15:29--the bible is in harmony( many translations are error filled so it doesnt seem in harmony)

2ndpillar

Actually the NT states--Abstain from blood Acts15:20, Acts 15:29--the bible is in harmony( many translations are error filled so it doesnt seem in harmony)

The life resides in the blood, therefore one was to "abstain from blood", and of course Paul and his followers ignore what was said by the unknown writer of Acts. And certainly, the NT is error filled. A prime example is Matthew 27:9-10, in which it quotes Zechariah 11:12-13, and says it is quoting from Jeremiah. Possibly because Zechariah 11 is a condemnation of the church of Peter and Paul, the "Christian" church. The translation was not the problem, the problem was with the editing.

kjw47

"Breath of Life" - Breath of Life means that a man received a part of the life giving Spirit of GOD, which distinguishes man by his spirit from other living creatures of the Earth. Such life giving Breath of GOD became life giving spirit only in mankind, and it derived from the Hebrew word "ruach" (רדח) and elsewhere translated as "spirit."

~Animals also have souls, in Hebrew called as nephesh (נכש) which expresses life and vitality. See Deuteronomy 12.23, where word "life" is from the same Hebrew word "nephesh".

~The tern "soul" has been used in a variety of senses by different writers in the Bible. The Old Testament Hebrew word is nephesh (5315. KSB) which means "that which breaths." It corresponds to the Greek word psuche (5590. KSB) in the New Testament, which is usually translated "soul" or "life." Here it used synonymously with spirit. Both spirit and soul refer to the emotional life and also correspond to "heart" in a sense, which is the seat of all thinking, feeling, and purpose. "Soul" and "spirit" are frequently used interchangeably, and it is not easy to define the difference.

The Greek concept of man was tripartite (1Thessalonians 5.23). Broadly defined, the soul usually stood for life, the affection, the will, the consciousness, while the spirit stood for the higher elements by which we comprehend spiritual truth, and the body was, of course, the physical, material body. The author of Hebrews implied that there is a very fine line of distinction between soul and spirit (Hebrew 4.12).

In this sense Greeks had been very close to distinguish two different parts of the same soul-spirit matrix of men. It means that man with soul is a man of this world for whom GOD do not exist and who lives according to the laws of the world.

A man with the spirit is a spiritual man who believes in GOD and follows Him. So the ordinary soul (the energy of life given by GOD) of such man was transform to a spiritual status because of his faith in GOD, and a soul of a man was transformed to a spirit - and he became a spiritual man. This is why it said that GOD is the Spirit and must be worship in spirit, because worship of GOD can come only from the heart-soul-spirit of spiritual man.

You wrote:

"The bible says the soul is in the blood. Worshipping in spirit means wholeheartedly."

Here you are absolutely right. Soul of living things in their blood, and worship of GOD must be done wholeheartedly, means from your spirit, if you are a spiritual man.

Leviticus 7:14--the soul of flesh is its blood. Gen 1:20-let the waters swarm forth with living souls.

The bible says The Father is searching for those to worship him in spirit and truth--Not Father, son and holy spirit as some being mislead to do.

kjw47

The life resides in the blood, therefore one was to "abstain from blood", and of course Paul and his followers ignore what was said by the unknown writer of Acts. And certainly, the NT is error filled. A prime example is Matthew 27:9-10, in which it quotes Zechariah 11:12-13, and says it is quoting from Jeremiah. Possibly because Zechariah 11 is a condemnation of the church of Peter and Paul, the "Christian" church. The translation was not the problem, the problem was with the editing.

Actually the religion that came out of Rome= The son of destruction= the great apostasy,2Thess 2:3 mistranlated certain things-OT-NT to fit false council teachings. not one of her branches fixed it.

101G

GINOLJC, to all,
Having not read all the posts, maybe this can contribute to our understanding.

Teaching Scripture, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"

What was the meaning behind the Lord speech in Luke 23:46. he said, “Into thy hands I commend my spirit”. it was his spirit that was poured out on Pentecost. because another word for commit is "PROMISE". and his spirit that was poured out on Pentecost, was that promise spirit. Acts 2:14-21 "But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved".

and this salvation is backed up by what the apostle Peter said also in, Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call". this is what was committed (Promised) commend/committed to the Father, now let's clearly see this in scripture. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever". why pray the father in order to GIVE us “another” comforter? answer, that which he "committed"/commend or promise was to be poured out on us. the key to understanding this in the word commend, which can be translated as "PROMISE". now we can see the true meaning of what the Lord Jesus was saying on the cross. To commend is to commit or promise his spirit will be poured out latter, and that’s why he prayed in John 14 for another (G243) Comforter, which is his spirit and not his flesh. For the word “give” in John 14:16 is the the Greek word,
G1325 δίδωμι didomi (d̮iy'-d̮ō-miy) v.
to give.
{used in a very wide application (properly or by implication, literally or figuratively); greatly modified by the connection; used as an alternative in most of the tenses}
[a prolonged form of a primary verb]
KJV: adventure, bestow, bring forth,
commit, deliver (up), give, grant, hinder, make, minister, number, offer, have power, put, receive, set, shew, smite (+ with the hand), strike (+ with the palm of the hand), suffer, take, utter, yield

to give. The king James can translate this word as “COMMIT”, so John 14:16 is to "GIVE"/COMMIT another Comforter.
There is our word, “commit”, which means commend, Luke 23:46 "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost”. so the king James comes full circle. With that we clearly understand what our Lord was saying on the cross.
Hope this Help in one's understanding.
PICJAG, 101G.

2ndpillar

Actually the religion that came out of Rome= The son of destruction= the great apostasy,2Thess 2:3 mistranlated certain things-OT-NT to fit false council teachings. not one of her branches fixed it.

The term "son of destruction", is a point of deflection, made by the "the son of destruction", Paul, who was the "man of lawlessness", who taught a false gospel of grace/cross, whereas the law was nailed to a cross. As for the church of Rome, brought about by the "beast with two horns like a lamb", the Roman emperor Constantine, they and their daughters are founded on the false prophet Paul (Zechariah 11:10) and the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:17), Peter, and these gentiles/nations will trample down the courtyard for time, times, and half a time (Daniel 7:25 & Revelation 11:2). The great "apostasy", the falling away", started with Peter according to Zechariah 13:7 & Mt 26:31).

kjw47

The term "son of destruction", is a point of deflection, made by the "the son of destruction", Paul, who was the "man of lawlessness", who taught a false gospel of grace/cross, whereas the law was nailed to a cross. As for the church of Rome, brought about by the "beast with two horns like a lamb", the Roman emperor Constantine, they and their daughters are founded on the false prophet Paul (Zechariah 11:10) and the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:17), Peter, and these gentiles/nations will trample down the courtyard for time, times, and half a time (Daniel 7:25 & Revelation 11:2). The great "apostasy", the falling away", started with Peter according to Zechariah 13:7 & Mt 26:31).

Jesus commissioned Paul, God used him as bible writer--You have entered the darkness to believe what you believe. Paul went through hell standing for Jesus.

2ndpillar

Jesus commissioned Paul, God used him as bible writer--You have entered the darkness to believe what you believe. Paul went through hell standing for Jesus.

Well, jihadist, the followers of another supposedly false prophet, go through hell and destruction to set the kufar (unbelievers) straight. Does that make them right? As far as Scripture goes, it was the "LORD my God" who selected Paul to "pasture the flock doomed for slaughter", that being the gentile church (Zechariah 11:7-10). As for the story from the unknown author of Acts, it was an angel of light who approached Paul, and depending on which story, no one could either see or hear, to verify, and according to Paul, an angel of light is Satan. Paul didn't stand for "Jesus", and his message was antithetical to the message of Yeshua, which was the kingdom of God, and not the false gospel of grace/cross. As in Matthew 7:22-23, the false prophet Paul called on the name of the Lord to do miracles, and the Lord will tell Paul, I never knew you, who practices lawlessness. It was through the daughters of Babylon, from which you have received your bible. According to Yeshua, the message of the devil, the message of Paul, is mixed with the message of the son of man in the same field/book (Matthew 13). Your house is built on a foundation of sand (Matthew 7:13), and the rain, wind and floods are a coming. (Matthew 7:27)

nPeace

Veteran Member
Ecclesiastes 12.7

7.then the dust will return to the earth as it was, (Genesis 3.19) (Job 4.19) (Psalm 103.14) (Ecclesiast 3.20, 12.7) and the spirit will return to GOD Who gave it.
Yes. Thank you. Psalm 104:30
Psalm 104:30 When You send Your Spirit, they are created, and You renew the face of the earth.
The scripture says God sends forth his spirit. "You send forth Your Spirit".
It's God's spirit. Agreed? It's God's spirit that makes one alive. Agreed?
Does that not then help one understand why the spirit returns to God?
It is not a living thinking being with any life.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Thoughts stop in physical body when it dies, not in the soul, because it is soul that contains all the thoughts and all the intelligence of human being.
Do you have a scripture for this?
Ezekiel 18:4 says the soul dies - stops living.

Spirit is who we are, spirit is our life, the energy of life given to us by the Breath of GOD at the beginning of creation of Adam.
Thank you. Yes. Spirit is the force of life. It's what keeps us alive.
James 2:26 . . .the body without spirit is dead. . .Psalm 146:4

So our spirit is not some kind of “remembrance” or “ghost” but actually the same matrix of which angels are made and even GOD Himself.
The spirit is not a remembrance, correct. God remembers. Not the spirit.
The spirit is spirit from God, which keeps us breathing.
Genesis 6:17 And behold, I will bring floodwaters upon the earth to destroy every creature under the heavens that has the breath of life. Everything on the earth will perish.
The breath of life, or force of life, it is called, once it goes out, we die.
It is nothing that lives outside the body. It is God's spirit - belongs to him. When you send your Spirit, they are created"

Therefore it is written that GOD is the Spirit and must be worship in spirit.
God is the spirit - person. Angels are spirit - persons.
The spirits God gives to man is "the breath / force of life - not a person.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Jonh 4.24
24."GOD is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.'

I think you the one who twisting the text of the Bible.

Show me a place in the Bible there it said that soul goes to GOD.

Above all, what's the different between soul and spirit?
The soul is the person, or life of the person... which would not be if there was no spirit. The spirit makes one alive.
It is what made Adam have life, and be an actual person. Genesis 2:7
Does that help?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Genesis 2:7, says that the "soul" was the combination of the breath of life and the dust of the earth. The breath of life would be the Spirit of God. The Spirit dwells in the blood, that is why you are not to consume the blood, of course unless you are a follower of Paul, in which you can do whatever you can come up with. Keep in mind that the "false prophet" Paul, apparently winds up in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:10)
When you say "The breath of life would be the Spirit of God", I take it you mean spirit from God.
Yes. Spirit from God animated Adam's body, and kept him breathing.
It does yes, animate the blood cell, based on what we learned.
I don't know why you think of Paul the way you do, but perhaps that's another subject for another time.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I beg to differ. The "life", the Spirit of God, is in the blood. The soul is the combination of the breath of life and the dust of the earth. Without the dust, you have no body, and no soul as defined in Genesis 2:7. Genesis 9 is about eating the flesh/dust, without the blood. Without the blood, you no longer have a soul per the definition of Genesis 2:7.

New King James Version Genesis 9:4
But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.
I have observed that you do differ from scripture, and take some and discard others. That's quite a task, I would think.
I'm not sure where you read that the life is spirit of God.
According to scripture, is it not rather the spirit of God that gives life?
Soul is life.
Strong's Concordance
nephesh: a soul, living being, life, self, person, desire, passion, appetite, emotion
Original Word: נֶפֶשׁ
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: nephesh
Phonetic Spelling: (neh'-fesh)
Definition: a soul, living being, life, self, person, desire, passion, appetite, emotion

According to scripture, blood represents life, as was quoted at Genesis 9:4

nPeace

Veteran Member

You wrote:

Yes. Worshipping God in spirit, means from the heart. It is spiritual.

nPeace

Veteran Member
You wrote:

"2 different words used because they are different."

Words is different but they indicate the same thing. You can call your car as automobile, vehicle, or transportation, but it does no mean that you have three different cars.

You may have first name, middle name, and the last name, but it does not mean that you represent yourself in three different persons.

Bible does the same thing, it uses a figure of speech, and may naming a single thing by number of different names.

There is no difference between such words as spirit, soul, and heart, all these three words indicate SPIRIT, whatever its a Spirit of GOD or a human being.

For example:

Deuteronomy 2.30

30.But Sihon king of Heshbon was not willing for us to pass through his land, the Lord your GOD hardened his spirit and made his heart obstinate, in order to deliver him into your hand, as he is today.

Of course GOD cannot make a physical heart obstinate because it is a physical pump, but word "heart" under this context means spirit-soul, and repeated twice in this sentence using a different word.

Another example:

Isaiah 42.1

1."Here is My Servant Whom I uphold, My chosen, in Whom My Soul delights, I have put My Spirit upon Him, He will bring forth justice to the nations."

Does GOD have the Soul and the Spirit, of course not, it is the same thing, the Spirit of GOD, but expressed in two different words.

Isaiah 57.15-16

15.Thus says the High and Lofty One, Who inhabit eternity, Whose name is Holy, "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with those who are contrite (sorry, remorseful) and humble in spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite.

16.I will not continually accuse nor will I always be angry then the spirits would grow faint before Me, even the souls that I have made."

And here all three: Spirit, Heart, and Soul, all are mentioned together, all of which refer to the soul-spirit of men.

Deuteronomy 6.5

5.And you shall love the Lord your GOD with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might (Deuteronomy 30.2.6.10.16.20) (Matthew 22.37-40) (Mark 12.29-31) (Luke 10.27)

How you can love with physical heart? Is you heart is not your soul-spirit?
Context is very important in use of words.
This is evident even today in common languages.
Just go to Cuba, Japan, and a number of different countries and try it out. :D

nPeace

Veteran Member
GINOLJC, to all,
Having not read all the posts, maybe this can contribute to our understanding.

Teaching Scripture, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever"

What was the meaning behind the Lord speech in Luke 23:46. he said, “Into thy hands I commend my spirit”. it was his spirit that was poured out on Pentecost. because another word for commit is "PROMISE". and his spirit that was poured out on Pentecost, was that promise spirit. Acts 2:14-21 "But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved".

and this salvation is backed up by what the apostle Peter said also in, Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call". this is what was committed (Promised) commend/committed to the Father, now let's clearly see this in scripture. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever". why pray the father in order to GIVE us “another” comforter? answer, that which he "committed"/commend or promise was to be poured out on us. the key to understanding this in the word commend, which can be translated as "PROMISE". now we can see the true meaning of what the Lord Jesus was saying on the cross. To commend is to commit or promise his spirit will be poured out latter, and that’s why he prayed in John 14 for another (G243) Comforter, which is his spirit and not his flesh. For the word “give” in John 14:16 is the the Greek word,
G1325 δίδωμι didomi (d̮iy'-d̮ō-miy) v.
to give.
{used in a very wide application (properly or by implication, literally or figuratively); greatly modified by the connection; used as an alternative in most of the tenses}
[a prolonged form of a primary verb]
KJV: adventure, bestow, bring forth,
commit, deliver (up), give, grant, hinder, make, minister, number, offer, have power, put, receive, set, shew, smite (+ with the hand), strike (+ with the palm of the hand), suffer, take, utter, yield

to give. The king James can translate this word as “COMMIT”, so John 14:16 is to "GIVE"/COMMIT another Comforter.
There is our word, “commit”, which means commend, Luke 23:46 "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost”. so the king James comes full circle. With that we clearly understand what our Lord was saying on the cross.
Hope this Help in one's understanding.
PICJAG, 101G.
Thanks for sharing.
Are you sure it was Christ's spirit that he poured out... or was it God's spirit.
Acts 2:33
New International Version
Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

New Living Translation
Now he is exalted to the place of highest honor in heaven, at God’s right hand. And the Father, as he had promised, gave him the Holy Spirit to pour out upon us, just as you see and hear today.

English Standard Version
Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing.

Acts 2:33 Exalted, then, to the right hand of God, He has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.