• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question about Masjid

I was visiting a masjid yesterday and when I asked if I could look around they said ofcourse, and since I'm in a wheelchair they rolled out a carpet in the prayer room and said I could only stand there. Is it because I'm not a Muslim or do they have restrictions were and were not to go in the masjid? is it because the wheels on the wheelchair can make the floor dirty? Because my wife could go where she wanted

If a Muslim is in a wheelchair and going to the masjid to pray, are they to restrictted only to a carpet or are they free to be everywhere in there? :)

Sabour

I was visiting a masjid yesterday and when I asked if I could look around they said ofcourse, and since I'm in a wheelchair they rolled out a carpet in the prayer room and said I could only stand there. Is it because I'm not a Muslim or do they have restrictions were and were not to go in the masjid? is it because the wheels on the wheelchair can make the floor dirty? Because my wife could go where she wanted

If a Muslim is in a wheelchair and going to the masjid to pray, are they to restrictted only to a carpet or are they free to be everywhere in there? :)

Most probably it is because that the wheelchair may be carrying some dirt. Some dirt may make the place not suitable for prayer.

In the masjid you went to, they would require the same thing even from muslims. If it were because you are not a muslim, they would have required the same thing from your wife.

uncung

It was merely because of the wheelchair. Your wheelchair is considered brought the dirty things like shoes. You know shoes are not permitted inside the mosque, right?

Most probably it is because that the wheelchair may be carrying some dirt. Some dirt may make the place not suitable for prayer.

In the masjid you went to, they would require the same thing even from muslims. If it were because you are not a muslim, they would have required the same thing from your wife.
Ok thanks for the answer :)

Yasin-shalal

Yasin-shalal

Salam,
Well, as brothers mentioned your wheelchair is like our shoes, it might bring dirt to Masjid. It's really important to keep Masjid clean.:)
In our Masjid, there are some chairs and especial equipment for those who need them. They are almost for permanent friends in the Masjid, like old people or those who have problem in their feet. If you wanna go there regularly you can ask them to buy anything you need in the Masjid. Not just for you but for all the people who may need them in the future. In Masjids some money has always been devoted for such things, you may be able to use it. In that case, you have helped both Masjid and yourself. :)

uncung

Salam,
Well, as brothers mentioned your wheelchair is like our shoes, it might bring dirt to Masjid. It's really important to keep Masjid clean.:)
In our Masjid, there are some chairs and especial equipment for those who need them. They are almost for permanent friends in the Masjid, like old people or those who have problem in their feet. If you wanna go there regularly you can ask them to buy anything you need in the Masjid. Not just for you but for all the people who may need them in the future. In Masjids some money has always been devoted for such things, you may be able to use it. In that case, you have helped both Masjid and yourself. :)

I thought you say chains instead of chairs.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I guess the sweet RF members answered you very well :)

But something is bothering me; why didn't they at the mosque clarify that to you? It is either they presumed you were aware of it, or they had something else in mind taking their attention. Or maybe they didn't know the language well. Something like that :D

I guess the sweet RF members answered you very well :)

But something is bothering me; why didn't they at the mosque clarify that to you? It is either they presumed you were aware of it, or they had something else in mind taking their attention. Or maybe they didn't know the language well. Something like that :D
Yeah I've been wondering about that to, they spoke very good Swedish so I don't think it was because of language difficulties, maybe I wasn't forward enough and asked as much as I wanted to do :)

Usually I'm a forward guy but when I got in there I got nervous and shy :p
After the visit I came up with many questions that I should have asked, but don't wanna be in their way since it's Ramadan and it was plenty of visitors there :)

Yusz

Exorcist and Mystical
Greetings,

its good for you brother they allowed you inside :). at my country non-muslim is not allowed at all to go inside.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Greetings,

its good for you brother they allowed you inside :). at my country non-muslim is not allowed at all to go inside.

It's really weird that Malaysia does not allow it. But I cannot judge them before knowing why they are doing it.

Greetings,

Yeah at first they were just kinda staring at me, but when I nervously asked if we were aloud to go inside and have a look they showed great hospitality :) so it was an interesting visit