• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A poll regarding cannabis use.

How often do you use cannabis?

• Often.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Occasionally.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Only tried it once or twice.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Used to, but quit.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Never tried it. Never Will.

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Never tried, but curious.

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters

Ba'al

I heard the worst side effects from marijuana is on the lungs from the regular smoking of it. If one lived in a country where it's legal they could make a tincture by soaking it in a high % alcohol, then filter. I heard you only need about 5 mls and it hits you in 1/2 hour and lasts about 4 hours.

KatNotKathy

I heard the worst side effects from marijuana is on the lungs from the regular smoking of it. If one lived in a country where it's legal they could make a tincture by soaking it in a high % alcohol, then filter. I heard you only need about 5 mls and it hits you in 1/2 hour and lasts about 4 hours.

Indeed, but I really wouldn't recommend this method for a first-timer. When it comes to edibles or tinctures, it's just too easy to take a bit too much and start feeling uncomfortably high. It's too often that somebody eats a cookie or two, doesn't feel anything, eats a few more, and then spends the rest of the night laying in bed trying to stop the world from spinning.

Vaporization is my favorite method of healthier cannabis usage, because it affects you just as fast as smoking, reducing the risk of overdoing things. They even have vaporizers out there that function similarly to pipes, but without you breathing in hot burning plant matter.

dust1n

Zindīq
Indeed, but I really wouldn't recommend this method for a first-timer. When it comes to edibles or tinctures, it's just too easy to take a bit too much and start feeling uncomfortably high. It's too often that somebody eats a cookie or two, doesn't feel anything, eats a few more, and then spends the rest of the night laying in bed trying to stop the world from spinning.

Vaporization is my favorite method of healthier cannabis usage, because it affects you just as fast as smoking, reducing the risk of overdoing things. They even have vaporizers out there that function similarly to pipes, but without you breathing in hot burning plant matter.

As long as it's not Marinol.

DarkSun

:eltiT
DarkSun says he's too hung up on his socially indoctrinated stigmas and squeamishes.

;)

Father Heathen says that he smells horribly.
He also claims that he is building an army of evil penguins to help restore civil liberties to the US.
And he shall return to this army's construction after he has taken a bath, because he smells like poopy.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

I am pro de-criminalization of pot. I do not believe that you can get a physical dependency on pot.

With that said, You have no idea what you are talking about. If you drink 4 mugs of coffee every day for a year then stop you will get a head ache for 3 days. It it takes very little effort. It's very common in fact they put caffeine in some pain medications just for that reason. If you smoke pot every day, many times a day, and then you stop. you will have some minor reactions. Our cause is better served by telling the truth then covering up facts.

"in fact they put caffeine in some pain medications just for that reason."

No, they don't.

Caffeine is a common ingredient in many prescription and over-the-counter headache medications (see list below). Caffeine additives make pain relievers 40% more effective in treating headaches. Caffeine also helps the body absorb headache drugs more quickly, bringing faster relief. By adding caffeine and, in turn, taking less medication, you can reduce the risk for potential side effects and possible drug addiction.

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/triggers-caffeine

Jeremiah

I don't drink or use pot because I think better with a sober mind and, also, the sober mind is my preferred "state of mind".

I know a few like minded people who gave it up for, as they put it, "just got tired of being stupid all the time".

Last edited:

Jeremiah

Google Marijuana bed sweats and see what you come up with. Even the pro pot web sites post about it. Caffeine gives you head aches when you quite. Pot also has some mild detox issues. I am just not making this up.

The only detox issue with pot is drinking enough cranberry juice.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Father Heathen says that he smells horribly.
He also claims that he is building an army of evil penguins to help restore civil liberties to the US.
And he shall return to this army's construction after he has taken a bath, because he smells like poopy.

Praise be the Almighty Penguin. May we bask in his beakness.....:bow:

May he be forever....*Dirty*......