• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Poem I Wrote about God

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Ode to you, O divine. You are contained by nothing, yet everything is contained in you.

You are one, yet the myraids of gods and spirits are one in you.

All paths lead to you, and you are the paths. The feet that walk on the path are also you.

You see everything, because you have thousands of eyes. My eyes, O Lord, are also your eyes. The eyes of my companions are also yours, O Lord.

My mind is your mind. The minds of my companions is your mind. Everything exists in your mind.

Realizing that the physical life is just an illusion, but the true life is you, we all strive within ourselves for you, because within ourselves is where you are.

Realizing that food and drink only sustain the flesh, but the true food from the divine mantains our spirit always, we strive for you, the true food and true drink.

We can only speak of you in limited human terms for now, O Lord. Yet when we ascend the carnal plane it will not be so. Only then will we be free of all limitations, just as nothing limits you.

The great Father, the great Mother, the great Child;

The great Brahman, the great devas;

The great gods, the great nature spirits, the great water sprites;

The great angels and demons, even us ourselves, O Lord;

You are all of these things, O Lord, and they are all you.