• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Pagan's Commentary on the Bible

Many Sages One Truth

A project I will be working on in which I will comment upon certain selections of scripture from the Bible, that might show how a Pagan might would view some of the things in it. From a Christo-Pagan perspective.

Selections I
(Abbreviations: Hbrw= Hebrew, Cmt= Commentary)

Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God (Hbrw: Elohim) created the heavens and the earth And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Cmt: Elohim= gods. The earth was without form, but notice, the earth was there, even without form, as was darkness on the face of the deep/waters. Earth and waters were present prior. This shows that there was a world prior to this that died, and this was the rebirth of the world, as many ancient religions suggested: the death and rebirth of the universe.

Genesis 1:26-27 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Cmt: Let us/our= gods, after our image/likeness= image of the lesser gods. Created in his image, male and female= God has both male and female forms and attributes.

Genesis 1:31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Cmt: Everything was/is good, not bad.