• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Muslim in the family !!!

A Muslim in the family

Roger Childs
Producer, A Muslim in the Family

In the current climate, converting to Islam is not an obvious choice or an easy one, either for converts or their families. So, why have 14,000 Brits (and counting) now taken that leap of faith? In A Muslim in the Family, Rageh Omaar tries to find out.

For the four converts featured in the documentary, conversion is a positive step - but one that demands sacrifices of them and can cause worry and confusion for those closest to them.

Ultimately, though, it is a hopeful film. At a time when many people talk about "a clash of civilisations" between Islam and the West, converts just might become a living bridge between Islam and the West.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/3663771.stm

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
one can hope that they will help to heal the rifts between them... Ultimatly the voices of the peacefull must be made to be heard over the voices of the warmongers...

wa:-do

Indeed, we need to build bridges of mutual understanding and appreciation between the Muslim world and the west, I dont believe in the clash of civilization theory, I beleive in peaceful world where everyone can live and let others live.

A Muslim in the family

Roger Childs
Producer, A Muslim in the Family

In the current climate, converting to Islam is not an obvious choice or an easy one, either for converts or their families. So, why have 14,000 Brits (and counting) now taken that leap of faith? In A Muslim in the Family, Rageh Omaar tries to find out.

For the four converts featured in the documentary, conversion is a positive step - but one that demands sacrifices of them and can cause worry and confusion for those closest to them.

Ultimately, though, it is a hopeful film. At a time when many people talk about "a clash of civilisations" between Islam and the West, converts just might become a living bridge between Islam and the West.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/3663771.stm

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
one can hope that they will help to heal the rifts between them... Ultimatly the voices of the peacefull must be made to be heard over the voices of the warmongers...

wa:-do

Indeed, we need to build bridges of mutual understanding and appreciation between the Muslim world and the west, I dont believe in the clash of civilization theory, I beleive in peaceful world where everyone can live and let others live.