• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A memorable dream

Kalidas

So I had this dream last night, it was fairly memorable due to the subject.

Basicly my wife and I visted India and loved it so much we considered moving there. We saved up money to buy a house there (which wasn't very difficult) and bought a house there and I was some how able to find a teaching job.

Anyone else ever have dreams of moving away to the motherland? Is there any sort of message I should garner from it, or is it just some silly dream thought up in my head?

Fireside_Hindu

Jai Lakshmi Maa
It could simply be an unexpressed wish. :D Dreams themselves can only hold meaning fro the dreamer. If we tried to interpret it for you, you'd only get confused.

I have dreamed of going to India, but only while awake.;)

:camp:

Kalidas

It could simply be an unexpressed wish. :D Dreams themselves can only hold meaning fro the dreamer. If we tried to interpret it for you, you'd only get confused.

I have dreamed of going to India, but only while awake.;)

:camp:

Well I do wish to move out of the USA honestly I don't like it here. I also want to visit India, but MOVE to India? Maybe not so much lol.

Good point indeed FH

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Moving to India is not easy at all. The dream? Personally, I wouldn't think much of it.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
So I had this dream last night, it was fairly memorable due to the subject.

Basicly my wife and I visted India and loved it so much we considered moving there. We saved up money to buy a house there (which wasn't very difficult) and bought a house there and I was some how able to find a teaching job.

Anyone else ever have dreams of moving away to the motherland? Is there any sort of message I should garner from it, or is it just some silly dream thought up in my head?

... Where in India, is the question. ;)

Stormcry

Who don't wanna live in India? Purana says Even Gods wish to take birth in India. One gets birth in India as a Hindu after doing millions of virtues. India is Moksha Bhumi and who after getting born here tries to attain Brahman, he surely gets that supreme abode of Vishnu. Brahmana, kshatriya and Vaishya varnas are near to the abode of Brahman. They've crossed the half path. There's no doubt.

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I haven't had such dreams, but I would absolutely love to visit India one day. :)

But moving there? Probably not likely.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I once dreamed I met Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu at Mt. Kailash. Lord Shiva was resting, and Lord Vishnu came to visit riding in a chariot. I looked for Maa Parvati but she wasn't home (serious about dream). I've thought it would be nice to live somewhere in India, maybe somewhere out of the way, a simple life. Of course, I'm an escapist from way back.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Gujarat, Gujarat, Gujarat, and maybe an occasional pilgrimage to Rameswaram to stay in the Gujarat guest housing.

Gujarat, you say!? I never would have guessed... really... I would have put real money on Tamil Nadu or Karnataka. Just when you think you know someone... :D

I'd actually like the northern part, the foothills of the Himalayas, for instance. I like the seashore, and I hear Karnataka has some really nice coastline, but I can't abide heat and humidity (that's why I live in NJ :rolleyes:).

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste Kalidas

There are more trithas and gateways and fords and doors with actual omniscience (funny! notice the om in that word!) present and vibrating in Bharat than in, well Detroit Michigan for example.

For ages folks have been going on pilgrimages to Bharat for this reason, and of course as it is the Mother of "religion" and philosophy. For example the first civilized City, Kashi, is there which was there with tirthas before humans were taught to grow rather than gather food and to live in an organized urban environment with mabagement, but this was the first City as well as City of God where all the Devatas and Suras have some presence be it a temple, a pool, a rock, tree or svayambhu or on and on. Besides this, think of Mother Ganga (the Ganges river) is there ready to embrace all in Her jal no matter who you are and without discrimination.

I can go on and on about the reasons to pilgrimage to Bharat, but you get the point (I will throw Gujarat in there too, since Amitabh Bachchan is running massive campaign ads on TV for the state to please come, what to speak of that Modi was in charge there).

So now there was a time when other parts of the world did not have time to "look East" and sort of forgot the mystic and magic, but today there are many who are starting to consider the possibility of retiring in old age to India.

But I am talking about those thinking of retiring, not young people moving there to take jobs from Indians.

Undedstand, Bharat is also right in what is today a country called India. The citizens of that country, the young and aspiring, they want jobs too.

I am not saying there are not some who come to India and, oh, get some job such as teaching (perhaps English, but other things too) but there are very real restrictions around this, it is not easy, and it is logical because the government wants to have as much as possible employment for their own citizens, and the balance and need for such employment is much more of a balancing act than, oh, let us say Canada. The US isn't in that situation yet, but as the population in America is now starting to reach the levels of India in the 1940s I predict much more restrictions on those coming in to take jobs.

So I am not discouraging you to take vacations and pilgrimages to India, go, go, go, but do not think you can just go and live there at a young age and take a job. There were 3 I know of who did that while young, but it is difficult and rightly so. Perhaps think about retirement there, that would make more sense.

Om Namah Sivaya

Kalidas

Namaste Kalidas

There are more trithas and gateways and fords and doors with actual omniscience (funny! notice the om in that word!) present and vibrating in Bharat than in, well Detroit Michigan for example.

For ages folks have been going on pilgrimages to Bharat for this reason, and of course as it is the Mother of "religion" and philosophy. For example the first civilized City, Kashi, is there which was there with tirthas before humans were taught to grow rather than gather food and to live in an organized urban environment with mabagement, but this was the first City as well as City of God where all the Devatas and Suras have some presence be it a temple, a pool, a rock, tree or svayambhu or on and on. Besides this, think of Mother Ganga (the Ganges river) is there ready to embrace all in Her jal no matter who you are and without discrimination.

I can go on and on about the reasons to pilgrimage to Bharat, but you get the point (I will throw Gujarat in there too, since Amitabh Bachchan is running massive campaign ads on TV for the state to please come, what to speak of that Modi was in charge there).

So now there was a time when other parts of the world did not have time to "look East" and sort of forgot the mystic and magic, but today there are many who are starting to consider the possibility of retiring in old age to India.

But I am talking about those thinking of retiring, not young people moving there to take jobs from Indians.

Undedstand, Bharat is also right in what is today a country called India. The citizens of that country, the young and aspiring, they want jobs too.

I am not saying there are not some who come to India and, oh, get some job such as teaching (perhaps English, but other things too) but there are very real restrictions around this, it is not easy, and it is logical because the government wants to have as much as possible employment for their own citizens, and the balance and need for such employment is much more of a balancing act than, oh, let us say Canada. The US isn't in that situation yet, but as the population in America is now starting to reach the levels of India in the 1940s I predict much more restrictions on those coming in to take jobs.

So I am not discouraging you to take vacations and pilgrimages to India, go, go, go, but do not think you can just go and live there at a young age and take a job. There were 3 I know of who did that while young, but it is difficult and rightly so. Perhaps think about retirement there, that would make more sense.

Om Namah Sivaya

Well I know that, just a dream in my sleep. Not an actual goal, who knows maybe I would retire to a place similar.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Well I know that, just a dream in my sleep. Not an actual goal, who knows maybe I would retire to a place similar.

You can go for extended periods, and if done right budget wise , India really isn't that costly. Visas are 6 months, and you can leave the country (typically, Sri Lanka, or Nepal) and then re-apply. Sometimes yout who go to study at famous dance schools or universities have parents tag along, with everyone taking a break from the west. The largest cost would be the air fare.

My friends in Madurai joked they could have rented me a flat for a month for the price of my hotel for a couple of nights.

Kalidas

You can go for extended periods, and if done right budget wise , India really isn't that costly. Visas are 6 months, and you can leave the country (typically, Sri Lanka, or Nepal) and then re-apply. Sometimes yout who go to study at famous dance schools or universities have parents tag along, with everyone taking a break from the west. The largest cost would be the air fare.

My friends in Madurai joked they could have rented me a flat for a month for the price of my hotel for a couple of nights.

Not bad, but for now I should just focus on school get my degrees and finally get my career started

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Lord Shiva was resting, and Lord Vishnu came to visit riding in a chariot.
Lord Vishnu used a chariot during his avataras as Rama, Krishna, and Buddha; he may probably use it in his next avatara as Kali, though he is supposed to use a white charger. Otherwise, normally he would ask Garuda to carry him. Mata Parvati must have gone looking either for Kartikeya or Ganesha; or might be in the kitchen preparing 'modakas' for Lord Ganesha. :D

images

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Lord Vishnu used a chariot during his avataras as Rama, Krishna, and Buddha; he may probably use it in his next avatara as Kali, though he is supposed to use a white charger. Otherwise, normally he would ask Garuda to carry him. Mata Parvati must have gone looking either for Kartikeya or Ganesha; or might be in the kitchen preparing 'modakas' for Lord Ganesha. :D

images

Now that I think about it, it was odd he was not on Garuda. He was in his four-armed form. I don't know who was driving the chariot. And funny you say that maybe Parvatimaa was in the kitchen or looking for her sons, because she was off on some errand. Cute picture, I've never seen an image like that before. Usually it's the family.